Saturday, August 4, 2012

A GOAL SETTER! 8/5/12

I CAN’T SAY that I have always been a goal setter. I can’t even say that I always make the goals I have set. But I do know that when you have reached a goal, you can’t help but feel the satisfaction and the feeling of joy overflowing. That’s a good feeling isn’t it? Knowing that you have accomplished something that you have set out to do.

DID YOU KNOW that the highest goal any Christian can have set for his life, is to enjoy God? Did you know that one of the greatest accomplishments in our lives is to enjoy what you are doing? Did you know that God wants us to have joy; to be happy?

I HAVE TO confess that one of my pet peeves is to walk into a room that is a mess. I know I didn’t leave it that way and why do I have to walk into it this way? I hate that! However, when I have cleaned a room; putting everything into its place; leaving it company ready, I have a joyful feeling of a job well done. A job well done is a great accomplishment and makes me happy. A satisfied attitude helps us to walk into a mess and just set it right.

RECENTLY I was reminded of the story of the man lying near the pool of Bethesda. Remember how he had been trying for 38 years to get into the pool when the angel would trouble the waters, but because he was unable to get there himself he depended upon someone coming at the right time to help him. Jesus came along and said; “Do you want to be healed?” The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool.” Jesus said to him; “Rise, take up your bed and walk!” John 5:2-8

DID YOU notice that Jesus told him to GET UP; make your bed! In other words; clean up your mess! Set some goals! Don’t wait for someone else. Get your attitude off of poor me and start inching yourself to the edge so that when the waters are moving you can roll into it all by yourself. Now, I realize Jesus didn’t say it that way exactly but can you see the implications?

SOMETIMES we are so busy fighting the devil that we turn our backs, on what pleases God by putting our hands on our hips and firmly planting our feet against what could bring us satisfaction and joy. We shouldn’t stand around waiting for our joy. Don’t allow your emotions to rule your happiness when God says; “I came so that you may have joy!” His coming brought JOY!

IN ROMANS 5 we are reminded that through Christ and His grace we can rejoice in our hope. More than that, we can rejoice in our sufferings. Let us not stand around wishing for joy because that is when Satan moves in and steals it. Someone once said that we should look for our God in the middle of our mess.

IF YOUR MINISTRY isn’t going the way you thought it would, perhaps you should clean your house thoroughly and try again. Be strong and prepare yourself! Set your goals and stop the ups and down of your thoughts. Check your hands; your heart; and even your giving of your tithes. Look at yourself and like David say; “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence, O Lord, and take not thy holy Spirit from me, restore unto me the joy of thy salvation, and renew a right spirit within me. Psalms 51:10-12.

JESUS SAID;Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, soul and mind, and second to this is to love your neighbor as yourself,” Matthew 22:36-40 We use to sing a chorus that said; “If you want joy, real joy, wonderful joy; Let Jesus come into your heart. If you want joy, real joy, wonderful joy; let Jesus come into your heart. Your sins He’ll wash away; your night He’ll turn to day; your life, He’ll make it over anew. If you want joy, real joy, wonderful joy, let Jesus come into your heart.” God has promised to help us as we walk in Him. Let your prayer be, to walk in love with Jesus in your heart. Then you will find joy, real joy, wonderful joy and the messes in your life will no longer have priority over your goals. By Jane Ann Crenshaw 8/4/12

No comments: