Saturday, September 22, 2012

COME WITH ME! 9/23/12

WHEN I was a young woman, fresh out of Highschool and before the voting age was changed to 18, I was a member of the “Young Republicans.” Eisenhower /Nixon were on the presidential ticket and I was living in an exciting time in America. Through the years it has been exciting to watch the process and praying for my candidate. Sometimes I won and sometimes I lost. America has survived throughout those many years of the democratic process, and the world has watched and wanted freedoms for themselves.

LITTLE BY LITTLE freedoms have come to other countries. Some have broke away from what they had known all their lives so they could have a say so, in their part of the world. I remember visiting Egypt and being confronted by salesmen on the streets. I was greeted with “I love America; hi-ho-silver!” Today with the confusion in the 3rd world society, many are expressing their hatred for America. I think back and wonder why? Today it has been brought to my attention, by those who report the news, that there are still those who love America, and are ashamed of what is going on.

WE CANNOT condemn the whole but need to pray for the few that cause death and destruction wherever they go. Our GOD is bigger than a prophet and can give us the peace that passes all understanding. The world does not understand God’s peace and they never will until they are brought to the feet of Jesus. I’ve been there, and find it difficult to lift myself any higher, than the place I have found at His feet.

IT IS POSSIBLE for all the trouble makers in the world to come to Jesus. When the Apostles followed Jesus about, watching Him bringing others to Himself, they asked the question; “Who then can be saved?” “But Jesus looked at them and said to them; “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26 You and I pray for God to take vengeance upon our adversaries, but God waits patiently for all men to come to Him. We must wait also!

DO YOU REMEMBER who you were before Christ entered into your life? Do you remember the kind of person you were? Do you remember the kinds of thoughts you entertained in your mind? Do you remember? I do! I remember being selfish and thinking that the words I said, were waiting to be heard by everyone, on bated breath. I think I thought that clear up to about 20 years ago. I still talk too much, but I ask you to forgive me because God is not finished with me yet!

DO YOU HAVE a tendency to want to tell people how to live and how to spend their money, and where they should go. Do you? I had an answer to everyone’s problems, but mine just seemed to keep growing. My problems were me! Go figure! I am my own problem! Not Jim’s; not my children’s; nor even my grandchildren. I can’t even blame me on my siblings. You and I create our own personal world of “Wo’esme’s!”

GOD’S WORD is where we find the recipes for living a Christian life. We all struggle through this together. His Word tells us about the armor we are to put on. The Holy Spirit, through baptism, has placed Himself inside of us along with His fruit. The Spirit, that is Jesus Christ, is within us. His attributes are the fruit that is now within you and me. The Gifts of the Spirit is something else. We all have a place in the SON and the Holy Spirit enables us to find our place of service. In my old age it is writing a blog; leading a ladies Bible Study and being faithful to His body, the church.

WE CRINGE when we watch the news and think “how can the world hate us so?” “He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief, and as one from whom men hid their faces he was despised and we esteemed Him not.” Isaiah 53:3 Jesus knew the scriptures and so He knew what was ahead. But He faced it anyway. Why did He do that? Because “God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believed on Him, should not perish but have everlasting life!” John 3:16 Please note that John says; “should not perish!” Come, with me to the foot of the cross; there you will find Jesus! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 9/22/12

No comments: