Saturday, August 10, 2013

CAN YOU DARE TO BE BOLD? 8/11/13

WHEN I was a little girl I was shy but wanted attention. That kind of combination can only lead to trouble. Needless to say, I have always butted in where I wasn’t needed or wanted, and always had questions. I always wanted to know more and needed clear explanations so that I could understand. Today, I have answers and because I know what I know, I want others to know also.


YOU CAN laugh if you want to, but I am really an introvert. If I am not in a safe place or with those who I feel comfortable with, and I am not in charge, I want to be the wall flower and stand alone.  Jim says; that is not true; because I do things that only an extrovert would do. I try to explain that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, but for me, I am still that shy little girl!

IN THE 60's there was a radio program called BOLD LIVING
(I think).    Living bold means to let your light shine and let the world around you, know what you know, because Christ is in you! I have always felt that the little song I learned as a child should be taken seriously and personally. “This little light of mine; I’m going to let it shine!” This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine; let it shine, let it shine, Let it shine!” One verse said; “Hide it under a bushel, NO!”

"JESUS SPOKE boldly (openly)”!   John 7:26    We know that Jesus was filled with confidence, courage; He was fearless and daring. We wouldn’t have expected it, in any other way, because Jesus knew who He was! He knew where He came from and He knew where He was going! He was fearless when facing His adversaries and He dared to make known who He really was; His true identity. Jesus was not afraid to shock the Jewish people when He declared    “Before Abraham was, I am!”    John 8:58

AGAIN and again, Jesus declared Himself to be the Great I AM!   “I am the messiah!” John 4:26 “I am the bread of life!” John 6:35 “I am from above” John 8:23 “I am the light of the world!” John 9:5 “I am the door!” John 10:7 “I am the Son of God!” John 10:36 “I am the resurrection and the life!” John 11:35 “I am the Lord and Master!” John 13:13 “I am the way, the truth and the life!” John 14:6 “I am the true vine!” John 15:1 He emphasizes this glorious truth with; “I am the Alpha and Omega!” Rev 1:8 and, “I am the First and the Last!”
Rev 1:17

SHOULDN’T Jesus’ followers be as bold? When we know who we are in Christ, shouldn’t we speak words of confidence as He did. Shouldn’t we become fearless when we understand we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength? When we know and understand what we have in Christ, we ought to speak it boldly! “God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son!” 1 John 5:11. “He that has the Son has life!” 1 John 5:12 “Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty! 2 Corinthians 3:17 WOW! The Spirit of the Lord dwells not in temples made with man’s hands, but in our bodies! We never again need to speak of bondage, when you know that God has not called us to bondage, but into liberty!

IN JESUS CHRIST we have Joy, Peace, Power, Wisdom, Righteousness, Sanctification and Redemption. However, we will never realize the full reality of our riches in Christ until we speak boldly about them. Jesus did it and so should we! Remember David didn’t look like a conqueror, but He talked like one in 1 Samuel 17! The boldness that flows throughout the vine, flows into the branches and gives all that we need to stand and shout it!

“THEREFORE, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17 We are more than conquerors through Christ; we are the righteousness of God in Christ and we are the redeemed of the Lord. To be a real Christian is far more than simply being forgiven! Be sure you know who you are in Jesus Christ, then when you take your stand, the Holy Spirit will give you all the boldness you need.       By Jane Ann Crenshaw 8/9/13

No comments: