Saturday, September 6, 2014

WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME? 9/7/14

WE CAN go for years and not be aware of a physical problem until; "bang" out of the blue it hits you. You never had a clue! The ER recommends an Orthopedic who takes an Xray and says; "Your fibula had a growth sticking out with a sharp point that hit your nerve in your right leg. Jim had surgery to remove the growth and was left with a slight limp. Not a bad one but one he probably would have for the rest of his life. Now he couldn’t run the 10k race or even the 100 meter! He now wouldn’t be able to do the long jump; ever! Come to think of it, he couldn’t do those things anyway! But now, he never would! Sound familiar? We all put off doing things, thinking that maybe, someday!

WHEN IS the right time to take a chance or take a risk? In spite of being young or old, just do it! If it enhances the kingdom of God; don’t wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow comes with it’s own problems. But today, is the day that Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! I love it when God’s Word just flows into my head!

MANY YEARS ago I was a church choir director. Didn’t have clue how to do that, but had sung in many choirs. Having attended many "big" musical productions at a local church, I decided to give that a try. The opportunity was there and we began to do musical productions with what we had, and many of the members of the church, were willing to take part in all of the different aspects of it. The whole production was to use music to create interest, and drama in telling the story. In learning the music, using the stage to it’s full potential, and getting everyone on the same page was always utter chaos. But God used it all for His glory!

SOME YEARS ago Jim and I invited a visiting Evangelist to our home for dinner. We lived about 10 miles out in the country and was always thrilled when we could have company!  Our fellowship with Mr. White was wonderful. The discussion was exciting and I had respect for him and his incites into God’s Word. As we talked he soon discovered that we were involved in just about everything that went on in our small congregation. Not by choice, but by desire, because we wanted to see this little church grow in the service of the King.

THERE WAS a problem though! I wasn’t complaining as I told him my story, but I needed a solution! So I began with; "I have a full time job, and I am the Sunday School Superintendent; High school Sunday School Teacher, and the Youth Director! I also was the choir director, doing big programs for Easter and Christmas. I was chairman for one month a year, and prepared communion for Sunday Worship and a potluck. For 20 years I served as Installation Chairperson, for the women’s ministry. My problem was that I never seem to have time to take care of my home. Since my family was also involved in all the happenings at the church, the four of us were locked into Saturdays house cleaning! This frustrated me!

"GET A MAID!" Mr. White was very calm as he said; "get a maid!" I didn’t, but I loved his response! Many times we allow things to hold us back from using every opportunity to serve the Lord. God has blessed me since I began my life with him! I use everything God has given me and some, to serve Him! So does Jim! Our marriage is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ! "Was not Abraham, our father justified by works, when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works." James 2:21-22

MANY talk about busy work! We should be busy! When is the right time? The church was built by Jesus Christ through men who sacrificed their all by being busy about the Lord’s work! "For as the body apart from the spirit, is dead, so faith apart from works. is dead!" James 2:26 Even in my old age, God is using me in a women’s ministry! WOW! I am truly blessed because the right time is always NOW!       By Jane .Ann Crenshaw (5/1/08) 9/5/14

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss Soul Sisters meetings on Tuesday. But Iam the only one working, 6 days a week, with 3 children and its hard. But I still find the time to pray and thank God for being a part of the church.