Sunday, January 11, 2015

A SONG OF CONFIDENCE! 1/11/15

I WOKE up this morning and realized that this last week was filled with so much busyness that I forgot about Morning Glory. As I was perusing face book a friend serving the Lord in Thailand, posted a very timely scripture. I don’t usually just post scriptures, but today I am. It is so timely and so very much needed as a reminder that our GOD is well and alive on planet earth.

"THE LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? THE LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" When evildoers assail me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and foes, they shall stumble and fall. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. One thing I ask of the Lord, is that I will seek after, to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, and behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple. For He will hide me in His shelter in the day of trouble; He will conceal me under the cover of His tent, He will set me high on a rock. Now my head is lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the LORD!" Psalms 27:1-6

AS I PONDER the message to us in this passage I keep coming back to one thought. Our enemies declare that their god says to kill the infidel. But our GOD says to love your enemies! Pray for our enemies, knowing that they need God and being willing to sacrifice our time to do just that, is something we all must consider throughout our days.

"HEAR, O Lord, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me! "Come," my heart says, "seek His face!" Do not hide your face from me. Do not turn your servant away in anger, you who have been my help,. Do not cast me off, do not forsake me, O God of my salvation! If my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will take me up. Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies. Do not give me up to the will of my adversaries, for false witnesses have risen against me, and they are breathing out violence. I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage, wait for the LORD!" Psalms 27:7-14

WE OFTEN need to remind ourselves that even though "We are few," We have the Lord on our side!      "Have you not known? Have your not heard?" "The Lord is the everlasting God; the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary, and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint!" Isaiah 40:28-31

GOD’S people have always been surrounded by enemies. God commands His people to fight the good fight and promises victory over their foes. However, until death, there is no relief from this warfare. We may walk away from time to time. but only to continue the good fight another day. We never fight alone when we love our enemies and pray for their change of heart.   Seek His face regularly to pray for our enemies - God says that when we seek His face with all our hearts, we will find Him! That is a promise! We can put our trust in Him and His Word!   God’s heart is revealed to us in John 3:16              By Jane Ann Crenshaw 1/11/15

No comments: