Saturday, September 5, 2015

BEGINNING AGAIN! September 6, 2015

HOW MANY TIMES have you started over?   How many times have you used a new recipe and discovered, as you took it out of the oven, that you obviously did something wrong!   On a bad day you would throw it out and call it a day.  On a good day you begin again, but this time by checking each step to be sure you've got it right.   Not many of us are perfect or ever near perfect at the beginning of anything.  It takes practice, show and tell, along with perseverance to get to the goal set before us.

SEPTEMBER is a period of beginning again!  For many, school begins again, and for me, I will begin blogging again.  I began blogging "Morning Glory Devotionals" in September 2008.   I began blogging MGY Treasures Devotionals a few years back.  Same blog but two different locations.  Perhaps, you could say this month is my blogging anniversary.   The last one posted was April; Easter Sunday.  Lot of changes have taken place in my life since then.  We prepared to sell our house after we listed it and continued to get it ready for the new buyer even after it sold.  Closing was delayed for one reason after another and the home we planned to move into was waiting for the first transaction to be completed.  However, in due time it all came together and now we are beginning again in another location, but the same town.  

I HADN'T THOUGHT about picking up blogging again until my young friend, the computer wiz, suggested I should begin again in September.  After thinking about it and re-reading the beginning of my blogging days, I decided to go ahead and begin again.  I have to admit how surprised I was to discover just how many have continued to read my blog even during my absence.   How they find my blog is beyond my understanding, but then God's love for me is also beyond my understanding!

"IN THE BEGINNING God created the heavens and the earth."  Genesis 1:1   When God completed His creative work, He rested!   It wasn't until Adam and Eve left the garden that God's plan began moving into a different direction   God didn't stop being God but His plans changed for a period of time.  All of this affects us today in a great way!   When God un-veiled His Son, Jesus Christ, His plan included you and me.  He offered us all a way to begin again!

WHEN WE WERE BORN,  we came into this life with nothing but a need.  Until we met Jesus we were lost in our need.  The interesting thing about meeting Jesus Christ is we become born again!  We begin our early life learning how to live as a child, then an adult.  All these years, we are learning, but until we meet Jesus we do not know how to lean sufficiently on the one that can fill our need.

GOD'S WORD says we can be born again!  This is not spelled out totally in one scripture, but it is a process that God's Word reveals to us, as we become ready to hear, believe, and to confess.  "Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."  Acts 2:38    Not many talk this way but I do; 'you are to hear, believe, repent and confess' often, but you only need to be baptized once.   Then you have the Holy Spirit and your need is filled!   You are born again!   Your earthy body will decay in death but your spiritual body will live eternally in heaven with God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  WOW!   Are you ready to begin again in Jesus Christ?  

YOU HAVE A CHOICE!   You can choose Jesus Christ today and live eternally with Him , or you can remain as you are; still seeking for something to fill that need and eventually end up lost in the search.  Even though our spirits have been created to live eternally, its your choice that will decide where!   I pray that for those who need to be born again; do it today!  I pray for a revival in those who need to begin again; do it today!    By Jane Ann Crenshaw 8/21/15

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to see your blog again!
Belinda

Unknown said...

So glad to see your blog again!
Belinda