Saturday, June 5, 2010

SPECIAL DAYS! 6/5/10

I have had so many special days in my life that sometimes it is hard to remember that some of those days were special and some were more special than others. Today my #2 grandson is graduating from high school. This is a great milestone in his life and will always be remembered by him. Today causes me to become a little melancholy; Ryan is grown up and doesn't need an old Grandma as much as he did when he was small. Then he was learning to walk, to run, to tumble and graduating into back flips; forward flips which caused most of those watching to just flip out altogether.

With Ryan graduating and Adam just being back from Iraq gives me pause as to what the future holds for these two wonderful young men. Then I take a deep breath and remember that #3 is still in school! Jordan is beginning to stretch his legs to become all that he can be; following in his brothers footsteps! I couldn't be any more pleased with my role as a Grandmother, having these 3 young men as my grandsons. Today is just another button popping day! Special? You bet it is!

I graduated in 1956 from Leuzinger High School! Our big day was Thursday night and the following Monday morning I reported to work on my very first job. Was I excited? Of course I was! Thursday night was full of excitement and expectations but Monday morning was full of fear and anticipation. Everybody is different but we face the same obstacles no matter what color or what place we find ourselves. My story keeps unfolding and I find it amazing at all of the turn of events that have taken place. Today is all about Ryan, but because of who I am to him, I am in his story during this time in his life.

Go ahead! Take time out to remember the day you graduated; the first day on the job; leaving for more education or perhaps the military. Go ahead! Take time and walk down the aisle, remembering the choice you made right out of highschool. Putting your lives on hold to have a family and resuming more education or taking a job further on down the road. Your life is amazing no matter if you think you are a failure or not accomplished enough. Lives are more important than jobs, education and/or how you have traveled. Life is all about who you were and who you have become.

When I write my thoughts of remembrances I cannot leave out the road I chose as a young girl to follow Jesus. I know that many of you can agree that making the choice to follow Him has made all the difference in your life; in your world! I have known some who made the same choice, but later on changed their minds and decided to become a part of the world and make plans to join back up with Jesus later on in life. I have discovered as I have witnessed this that the problems that occur sometimes are insurmountable. Sometimes that second chance doesn't come. Perhaps you have heard; "the best laid plans of mice and men!"

Remember the story in Jeremiah 29? The exile was brought about because of sin, but when sin was forsaken by the people, God's purposes in mercy could then be realized. In verse 11-14 we read; "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart!"

God was talking to the Israelites because further on He says he will restore their fortunes and bring them back to the place from which He sent them when they went into exile. However, the promise of verses 11-14 are good for us today. His plan and hope is for us to inherit the eternal life that is promised through Jesus Christ. When we seek Him with all our hearts we will find Him waiting and ready to receive us with open arms. By Jane Ann Crenshaw 6/2/10

No comments: