Sunday, May 29, 2011

END OF MAY! 5/29/11

ACTUALLY the end was scheduled to take place on May 21st. This was the day when the “rapture” was to take place, according to Mr. Harold Camping. I understand there was to be a devastating earthquake that was to destroy life as we know it. Apparently this was the second try with this prediction. His first prediction failed, due to a numerical mistake. I didn’t hear as to why the May 21st prediction failed but obviously it did, because I am still blogging Morning Glory and hopefully you are still reading it.

IT HAS come to my attention that it is now scheduled for October? Does this mean nobody was raptured on May 21st and in October Christ will come and take those who repented or maybe were forgotten the first time around? This man must be unbalanced to think he could schedule anything where God is concerned; let alone, schedule it again and again.

WHY IS IT that so many have felt it necessary to predict when Christ will come again, when the scriptures clearly state; “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.” Matthew 24:36 Why is it that so many listen to this kind of garbage and get on board. Is it because they are bored? Maybe they do not believe God’s word!

I LIKE excitement; I like planning; I like looking forward to something special. We all do! But do we go out of our way, spending all our money to prove our foolishness; do we? Actually, I don’t have to go very far at all, to show how foolish I can be. I just have to get out of bed! At some time during my day I will do something foolish or stupid. When I do, I either can be ashamed or I can laugh at myself. Either way, I am sure my face is red!

I LOVE reading Matthew 24; some call it the Olivet discourse. This is because Jesus is sitting on the Mount of Olives with the disciples when this discussion takes place. Jesus had just left the temple when His followers asked Him about His statement that “there will be a time when there would not be one stone left upon another; they would all be torn down.”

CAN YOU imagine a time when everything that you know would be destroyed; gone? Can you imagine seeing Jerusalem coming down and the old earth would be gone and you would be standing upon a new earth and a new heaven? I can’t, but with my minds eye I sort of can visualize the thought.

“TELL US, when will this be and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?” Matthew 24:3 The disciples were curious then and apparently many are just as curious today. “Jesus answered them; “Take heed that no one leads you astray, for many will come in my name, saying; ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead you astray, and you will hear of wars and tumors of wars; see that you are not alarmed; for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places; all this is but the beginning of the suffering.” Matthew 24:4-8

I SEE Jesus as being very patient with His disciples. I see Jesus looking off into the sky’s as He comforts His followers with; “But the end is not yet!” Can you accept, all that is happening in our world today as; “but the beginning of the suffering?”

I SUPPOSE many then, felt after 40 years this would all take place, because that seemed to be the period of time given for many events. Most of Jesus’s disciples didn’t live that long after Jesus ascended into heaven. However we know they were living in the last days! “But in these last days, God has spoken to us by a Son, whom He appointed the heir of all things, through whom also He created the world.” Hebrews 1:2 I’m going to put my trust in Him that created the world! I’m going to wait until I see Him coming in all His glory. Meanwhile I will continue to be ready; how about you? After all, we will all see Him at the same time! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 5/29/11

1 comment:

Donald W White said...

About Mr. Camping and his prediction of the "rapture" (a doctrine that I have issues with anyway) – I have never understood those who assume they are privy to information that the rest of the world does not have. I have to admit, that kind of arrogance angers me. But I don't know what angers me more -- the arrogance of self-appointed prophets, or the fact that so MANY people are willing to actually listen to them!

LOVED your story about Frosty the beagle. We indeed are all spiritually homeless, dependent on the generosity of the Savior in taking us in and making us FAMILY!