Saturday, November 26, 2011

JUST A DASH! 11/27/11

JIM TELLS ME that his Mom never followed a recipe.
In order to get her biscuit recipe, you had to watched her make biscuits. It was a dash here, a pinch there and enough liquid to mix together. In order for me to make anything, I have to have a recipe or just make it up as I go and then make it up again. I have learned to write it down as I make it up, then it isn’t as hard to make it again and get the same results as the first time around.

CHRISTIANITY is pretty much like following a recipe. The Word says we are to have salt in us, so we can savor the world. The Word says we are to have just enough light in us that shows the world God’s way. The Word says we are to just use a pinch of kindness, and the Holy Spirit in us, will do the rest. The Word says, don’t use gossip because it will grow and overflow and make a very bad mess.

WHEN we are forever faithful to God and His Word, we have an abundance of just the right amounts of salt in us and the light shines just bright enough. Our abundance is filled with the fruits of the spirit because the Spirit is within us. Being forever faithful keeps us on our toes so that we no longer have a container in our cupboards called ‘gossip!’

I AM REMINDED about gossip because even though I strive not to, I realize that on occasion, I gossip. Makes me totally ashamed of myself and I am so thankful for God’s patience with me, when I find myself on my knee’s begging His forgiveness. Have you been there? On your knee’s? Gossip is killer! It not only makes God’s recipe for us to spoil, but it can cause a canker sore between friends and families.

PBPWMGINFWMY! If I have hurt someone; if I have caused someone to gossip with me; I want to make amends by apologizing here and now. When I see you face to face, I probably will apologize again! The letters that appear to spell nothing is saying; “Please be patient with me, God is not finished with me yet!” God is not finished with you either! Together, we can make amends by striving to become the persons God has created us to be!

I LOVE the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi; “Lord make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.”

JESUS says that when we pray, pray like this; “Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” Matthew 6:9-13 Both prayers asks God to forgive us as we forgive! I believe that forgiveness is the key to this prayer in the book of Matthew.

WHEN WE SEEK biblical truths and apply them to our lives we find that we receive blessings after blessings. “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive yours; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive yours!” Matthew 6:14-15 Our goal of eternal life can only result from us putting to death our old sinful ways and putting on the identity of Christ.

MY PRAYER is to meet the needs of others by sharing God’s Word! We know that in giving, we receive! I know that I cannot earn eternal life, and I know I am not bold enough, but what God has given me, I can’t keep to myself. I am on my way to Glory and I want as many as possible to go with me! Will you accept His gift? By Jane Ann Crenshaw 11/10/11

1 comment:

Donald W White said...

Indeed, if we would only be as patient with one another as God is with us. "Lord make me an instrument of your peace...." Such a beautiful prayer. I'm glad I checked your blog tonight, because I should refer to that prayer in my sermon tomorrow ("Taming Our Swords"). Christ was ALL about forgiveness, so his people should be also. Forgiveness is NOT approving of sin, it is giving others the same grace we hope to receive from the Master. "It is in pardoning that we are pardoned." That's not merely Francis' idea, but a principle from Teacher of teachers -- "But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins" (Matt 6:15). It doesn't sound like there's much "wiggle room" in that statement. If pride and stubbornness get in the way of forgiving others, they'll eventually get in the way our being forgiven. Thank you for the gentle reminder, dear sister!