Friday, November 4, 2011

LIFE IS TOO SHORT! 11/6/11

RECENTLY I received an email that I forwarded to many of my family and friends. It was called Pink Heart! It had nothing to do with a cause or keeping a candle lit in remembrance. It was a reminder that we should live our lives without regrets. It has been said that God never promised us a rose garden, but I believe He did! We just have to watch out for the thorns, weeds and mildew.

FOR THE MOST PART, family and friends returned the email to me, to let me know they care about me also. As usual there were some things said that I didn’t completely agree with. It said; “So love the people who treat you right; forget about the ones who don’t.” That is not entirely a Godly trait. God says to love your neighbor as yourself! But on the whole, it had some good things to say.

MY NEPHEW Bob’s wife, Cindy, sent me a return email with a story that she said I could post in this morning’s Morning Glory. I love stories, I guess that is why I tell so many of them. Cindy writes; “A lot of these little sayings sound like something my sweet grandmother would say. She always said to be kind, speak kind words, and remember your prayers. She told me a story about her big garden, that she had when she was about 23 years old.. Knowing my Grandmother, I’m sure it was beautiful with all her veggies and flowers. Anyway, she had gone down the road to visit her friend Daisy. While visiting, she told Daisy about her tomatoes, so Daisy wanted to show Grandmother, her tomatoes!”

“AS GRANDMOTHER looked at Daisy’s tomatoes, she said; “those are the ugliest tomatoes I have ever seen!” I was shocked to hear that Grandmother would say something like that! Anyway, immediately, Grandmother saw the hurt in Daisy’s face and felt terrible! Grandmother has told that story over and over through the years. She apologized every day of her life to Daisy and it continued to bother her clear up to when she was dying. Even then it was on her mind because she said to me; “do you think Daisy has forgiven me?” Of course Daisy had forgiven Grandmother! They were best friends for over 75 years. I had never heard my Grandmother ever speak a mean word to anybody. So every time I get grumpy, I think of my Grandmother and the tomatoes.”

SO MANY TIMES we speak without thinking; and our tongue becomes sharp. Many times we forget that our expression is more impressive, than what we are wearing. Many times we forget that our thoughts can decide whether we are happy or not, because happiness is a state of mind! We should not carry a grudge, because it can weight us down. You can’t reclaim wasted time, any more than you can restart an old dead battery. Remember that your word can be given and also kept! You may pursue happiness but it is senseless if you do not have Jesus.

“BE KIND to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you!” Ephesians 4:32 It is not as difficult as you may think, to be kind to one another. We are tenderhearted to babies and the elderly, and we can be loving towards each other! “Put on then, as God’s children, compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness and patience. Be forbearing and forgiving. And above all these, put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful!” Colossians 3:12-15

TO QUOTE Pink Heart; “Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.” Many are knee deep in the muck and mire of this world, so if a tomato can help spread the Gospel then you can too! Let them see Christ in you! Let them know your Savior, by sharing God’s love and peace! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 10/27/11

No comments: