Saturday, April 14, 2012

AGAIN, I SAY REJOICE! 4/15/12

I HAVE HEARD many times how Paul must have disliked women. The Word doesn’t indicate he was ever married; or that he had a following of women. But I am here to tell you that he understood women almost as much as Jesus did! I love the position that Paul describes for a man and a woman. I love how he has taken the burden off of me and placed it upon Jim’s shoulders. It has not taken anything from me, but has given so much!

“I PERMIT no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.” 1 Timothy 2:12 When the church was first beginning many conditions had to be put into place so there would be order. God placed men in authority, not only in submission to Christ as the head of the church, but over the women in his life and the women of the church. As the church began to move, women became more prominent, and Paul was there, as some women became teachers.

I SIT in many Bible Studies! Jim is usually there with me! Open discussion are always part of the program. Even though I have a verse on my office wall, that reads; “Set a guard over my mouth, O lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.” Psalm 141:3; I still have a tendency, to need, to be heard. I want them to know that either I agree or I don’t. Jim is patient, Jim is kind, Jim is loving and I have to admit for the most part, he allows me, to be me! On occasion his hand says; enough!

ONE OF MY favorite New Testament stories is about Priscilla and Aquila. Paul developed a relationship with these two. They shared the same business, tent making, and so they spent a lot of time together. When Apollos comes into the picture the scriptures say; “He began to speak boldly in the synagogue; but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him and explained to him the way of God more accurately.” Acts 18:26

PAUL DID NOT find this contrary to his teaching of a woman’s place in the church. For one thing she was acting under the authority of her husband. God had blessed her with boldness and proper instructions. She was confident and capable. I don’t line myself along with Priscilla but I have a need to do what I do. God is why I do and say the things I do and say. Jim has given me authority and restraint. And as long as God is willing, I will keep trying!

I HAVE A FRIEND, her name is Donna. I met her almost 6 or 7 years ago. I learned from her how to pray positively. It is so simple and yet refined! I was reminded of her as I read Philippians once again. “Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6 Pray with thanksgiving! Anticipate God’s answer; one way or another!

DONNA would end just about every prayer with; “And thank you God for what you are going to do!” God says to give thanks up front! God says make it personal today! God says when you pray in my will, my will, will be done. Believers are to pray with thanksgiving for the perfect answer,they know God will give them, in response to their petitions.

AN EFFECTIVE prayer must be accompanied by thanksgiving, which means that we thank God for the answer as soon as we have asked. This kind of prayer brings a peace which passes all understanding because it is independent of circumstances and rests upon the perfection and love of God Himself.

EVER since I began to take my time in prayer by walking and talking to God, my prayer life has taken on a new dimension. It is true that God is continuing a good work in everyone of us. However, we must pay attention! Paul says; “What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, do; and the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:9 Having men in our lives who love the Lord, helps us to Rejoice in the Lord always! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 4/9/12

No comments: