Saturday, April 7, 2012

CAN IT BE TRUE? 4/8/12

I CANNOT count how many times I must have said that. I have
no idea how many times that thought, has floated around in my head. Can it be true! Why is it we just can’t believe something even while it is happening? When Jim asked me to marry him, I asked myself; can this be true? Jim wants to marry me? Why me? I can’t believe this! Can this really be true?

WHEN WE decided to buy a house I could hardly believe that we were going to own a home. When the Doctor said; I was pregnant, the first thing that entered my head was; “ really? “ And the second and third, oh my; I am a Mom! Usually when we think these things it is because it is a good thing that is happening to us.

I SUPPOSE if we ever bought a lottery ticket and won, the first thing we would say is; I can’t believe it! And then it would be; “ What do we do now!” It would be fun to know, what we would think or say; but then we will never know, because the first thing you have to do is buy a ticket!

WHEN JESUS began His earthly ministry, and called the twelve, they must have thought; “can this be the one; can it be true?” They weren’t sure, but they dropped everything they knew, and followed Him. What would you have done back in the day, if Jesus came your way and said; “follow me!” Would you have hesitated or wondered; “is this guy for real!”

WHEN MY brother Layton and then Larry died, I thought; “this can’t be happening!” But I knew it was true! No one tells you these kind of things unless it is true! When Jesus carried His cross up the via Dolorosa, while the crowds pushed and shoved, do you suppose they were thinking; “this just can’t be happening;” not to Jesus! Why Jesus! But then, they were there; they saw it all!

AS THE CROWD Shuddered at the scene before them, they were witnesses to the pounding of the nails. They witnessed His poor battered body being laid upon the old rugged cross and then it was stood up, and dropped into place in the middle of two guilty thieves. The crowd believed what they saw, but they couldn’t believe it was actually happening. They didn’t want to believe it!

WHEN the sun rose on the third day, the tomb was found empty. Jesus wasn’t there and again they wondered; “can this be true?” “Did some one take Him away?” The men said He was alive! Oh how they wanted to believe! “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1 What the women and later on the men saw, was not a faith situation. What they witnessed was real; and because God had it written down, we read about it in God’s Word today. No one told them; they saw! We have not seen but we have read their witness.

MANY look about as the Christian world celebrates Easter and say; show me how the candy and bunny rabbits, the pretty clothes and shoes can bring me salvation? Show me how this man Jesus can save me! Show me where I can find the peace that shields from the catastrophic events of this world. Show me, make me believe, I want what you have, but make me believe! Show me! Show me!

WE CAN show and tell, till we are blue in the face. But according to Paul, “Faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes by the preaching of Christ.” Romans 10:17 Paul continues with; “But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have heard!” their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.” Romans 10:18

WE HAVE a story to tell. What we have heard through the teaching of the Word; what we read for ourselves in God’s Word; and however it is conveyed to us, the Word of God is indispensable to salvation. In Christ’s day, the people believed because they saw! He is alive they said! Jesus is alive! They ate with Him, they talked with Him, they walked with Him and the people became alive!

JESUS said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.” John 20:29 Can it be true? Yes, it is true! His miracles are still evident and the power of His love is yours! Jesus says; “come!” By Jane Ann Crenshaw 4/2/12 HAVE A HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: