Saturday, October 13, 2012

WALK BEFORE ME! 10/14/12

HOW DO YOU FEEL when you are walking in front of someone? For the most part, I am a little self-conscious. I like face to face sightseeing but don’t feel comfortable knowing someone is sightseeing. Think about it! When you are being watched without knowing who and what is being watched, don’t you feel a little uncomfortable? When Jim first saw me at the place we both were employed, he thought to himself; “I would like to take care of her the rest of her life!” Of course he doesn’t exactly remember what he said word for word, but that is how I remember him telling me. He was watching me without my realizing it! But then I too am a watcher.

I LOVE leading a Bible Study but I also love being in a Bible Study. Lately our church has been involved in THE STORY. It is being taught in all the Sunday School classes, the worship service and Wednesday nights. Continuity throughout God’s word reminds us of what God’s plan is all about.   In looking at the STORY some of the scriptures have been jumping out at me. I remember mentioning to God that I was having trouble writing my Morning Glory Devotionals for my blog. Well, His Word is rich and full of what He wants me to write about.

“WHEN ABRAM was ninety-nine years old the Lord appeared to him and said; I am God Almighty, walk before me, and be perfect!” Genesis 17:1 Obviously age has nothing to do with it, when God declares who He is and what He wants from us. We sing the song El Shaddi, but do we realize that we are calling Him “God Almighty!” When God speaks to us we should be asking “how high” instead of “What?” God wants to take care of us, not only here in the flesh, but for eternity!

WHEN WE call Him the “God of the mountain” which is not the worship of nature, but is calling Him “God Almighty” shouldn’t we take note of who He is and who we are? If God was watching Abram/Abraham from behind, how do you think He watches us? We talk about God walking with us and we know that He is fully aware of us, but have you thought about Him watching?

“CAN A MAN hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? Says the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? Says the Lord.” Jeremiah 23:24   God is watching those who are watching Him! He wants us to be perfect so He gave us the next best thing. The Holy Spirit! “And Peter said to them; Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Act 2:38   The Holy Spirit came upon men for special circumstances but upon our baptism, the Holy Spirit did not come upon us but went inside of us! A concept that is difficult for man to understand, but when we accept Jesus, it is a reality!

“THE EYES OF THE LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.” Proverbs 15:3    I remember my mother always seem to know what we were doing. Perhaps she just knew the mind of children or perhaps she really did have eyes in the back in her head. Our living room and kitchen were separated by a short wall. A tiny walk from the kitchen into the hall had a doorway into the living room. On the wall to left of the door in the living was a very large mirror. She could look from the kitchen at the mirror on the wall and see the whole livingroom. I don’t know how many times she would call out the name of the perpetrator who was ready to pounce! We would all stop and curiously look at each other. Took us a while, but we eventually figured it out.

BUT THAT WAS not all of her ways of knowing. She included the neighbor lady! Lynn had a old car that he bought but he didn’t have a license nor a permit. He was told never to drive it! One day after school he decided to drive it around the block. Joyce reminded him of what Mom had said! He said; “She won’t know!” He was no sooner out of the driveway when the phone rang. Mom said; ”Have Lynn call me when he gets home!” It really didn’t matter how Mom knew, but she did!

GOD KNOWS and He wants us to be blameless! Pay attention Christian because your life depends upon it!   Don’t take God for granted! He gave us the Spirit so that we would have no excuse.   Knowing that God is watching, gives us an edge, don’t fall off!    By Jane Ann Crenshaw 10/8/12

No comments: