Saturday, February 23, 2013

BE FOREWARNED! 2/24/13

WOW! That sounds ominous doesn’t it? I use to go to movies that I knew would be scary and so I was forewarned! In advance I was prepared to be scared, to cry, to feel sad, and even on occasion to laugh. But when God says; WOE unto you; I am prepared for the worst! Looking in the dictionary you will find that woe means; sorrow, grief, and misery. Worse yet, woebegone means miserable. Not to mention woeful, which means sorrowful or pitiful. Doesn’t make for a good time, does it?


WHEN I read or hear someone talking about the need of Christians to be more tolerant or that we are intolerant, right away I have this sinking feeling inside of me that says; “woe unto you!” I don’t think there is a scripture that says; “woe unto you that are intolerant of the things that God says we are to be tolerant of.” However, the words used are not tolerance or intolerance but good and evil.

I NEVER heard much about being tolerant or intolerant until “political correctness made the charts on propriety. How we felt about certain issues was re-measured, and political correctness was put into place as the standard for tolerance. When this happened America’s light fell! She has fallen so far that it seems almost impossible for her to be put back upon the lamp stand. No one can see her and no one wants to see her and besides that, they don’t really care about anything she has to say. To call her a leader is politically incorrect. After all, she must be the same, as all the other countries.

SHE HAS almost succeeded becoming as other countries. Only one thing is still standing in the way of her reaching that stature. Many of her people are still working hard at standing firm, by standing on the rock of ages; Jesus Christ, the Messiah! That is Christianity! This country was established as a union under God! I recently read a scripture in a piece of mail. “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20    I don’t want to be one of them; do you?

THIS IS is a passage regarding perversion of the standards of morality. Another passage which alludes to the intellectual pride and self-sufficiency of those who consider themselves all wise; “Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight! Isaiah 5:21

I RECENTLY heard a town nearby, has opened up a homosexual establishment for what purpose I do not know. But it can’t be good! It is not my place to condemn because they are already condemned. At first I wanted to pray that God would rain fire upon them. But instead I will pray for their souls and that in the meantime, they will have no new recruits.

NO MATTER how man thinks he is going to succeed in bringing America low, the Christian always falls back upon “all things are possible through God!” When we seek God’s face with all our heart, mind and soul, He has promised we will find Him. “O come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In His hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for He made it; for His hands formed the dry land.” Psalms 95:1-5

“EVEN though they band together against the life of the righteous, and condemn the innocent to death. The Lord has become our stronghold, and our God the rock of our refuge. He will bring back on them their iniquity and wipe them out for their wickedness; the Lord our God will wipe them out.” Psalms 94:21-23     It is true that God’s Word, written so many years ago, still rings true today!

I AWAKE each morning in my own little world. I awake with peace in my heart! I awake looking forward to my day! Of course before I am fully awake, I need my coffee. Perhaps two cups! Sometimes I’m a little frustrated like the woman who ran out of oil. But as she kept pouring, per Elisha’s instruction, her cup overflowed. Aren’t we like that? Let’s keep drinking from the water of life and live as though there is no tomorrow! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 2/22/13

No comments: