Saturday, February 9, 2013

HIS WORD IS MY SONG! 2/10/13

TODAY IS my 75th birthday. I want to remember what use to be my passion, and what is my passion today. I use to be able to sing. I loved to sing! I sang with my sisters; I sang in the school choir and at church. I sang in three different quartets at the church and a double trio called the Harmonettes, directed by the pastor’s wife. I sang with a quartet called the Gospel Aires and we even had our own sound system. Sort of like, have sound will travel. I sang solo’s a lot and when I was 18 I sang at my first wedding. That summer I must of sang at 6 weddings. After that, I was considered the female, “wedding” church vocalist. My brother Lee, was the male vocalist. Yes, I was always the vocalist and never the bride. That is until Jim came along!

THIS WAS back in the day when words of a song said something, and the melodies carried you away in wonder. Lee was considered a crooner and I sang ballad’s! Let me think! I sang songs like ‘More;’ ‘The Twelth of Never;’ ‘There were Bells on the Hills;’ and ‘I love you truly!’ Lee sang songs like; ‘The Hawaiian Wedding song;’ and we both sang ‘The Wedding Prayer!”

I CONTINUED to sing until about 10 years ago. Medicines came into my life and one of the many side affects, was to cause my throat a problem. The Doctor wasn’t concerned about my throat and even though I would try, my range had changed. Today I can sing, maybe second soprano; but then there is not much call for that range. Singing in worship is about all I can do, and I can settle for that! I believe it is true that when you don’t use it; you can lose it, but thankfully God has other plans.

EARLY in 2008 the Doctor suggested I needed to keep my mind active so I should do crossword puzzles to exercise my brain and so I could retain memory, along with other normal brain functions. His suggestion of crossword puzzles wasn’t attractive to me because I had already been there and done that during the early years of being a young wife and mother.

YEARS ago Jim and I had started writing our earliest memories. I got as far as 9 years old and got bored so I began writing memories of my siblings and my mother and father. I read a book by Max Lucado called “Every Day Deserves A Chance.” He wrote so easy and simply. I loved it! I thought, I could write like that! I never could before but, that is what I thought. In February of 2008 I began writing Morning Glory!In September I began a daily blog called Morning Glory Devotionals. To my amusement and amazement I am still writing and blogging.

I CAN’T SING anymore, but low and behold, God has given me a new desire and that is to write. My meds are under control. I still can’t sing, but now I write. Those of you who have followed Morning Glory have noticed the improvements through the years. Those of you who have known me most of my life are aware of my insecurities. Those of you who have tuned in recently know that the songs I sing are from the word’s of His Word!

JESUS said; “I am the way, and the truth, and the life” no one comes to the Father, but by me! John 14:6   Jesus also said; “If a man loves me, he will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.” John 14:23    Prior to those words, Jesus says; “He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.” John 12: 46    God’s Word is so very important!

GOD’S WORD is the final say so about who we must become and how we shall continue to live in the flesh. We must take the Holy Spirit seriously! He lives within us and therefore when we do and say anything contrary to the will of the Father, the Spirit is grieved. The Father is not pleased and we reject all that Jesus came to do. I pray daily to become the woman God has created me to be. Am I successful? No! That is why I pray daily!

“LET NOT your hearts be troubled, believe in God, believe also in me!” John 14:1 When Jesus went to the cross He prepared a place for you and me. It is okay that I can’t sing anymore the way I use to; God has given me a better way through His Word! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 2/9/13

No comments: