Saturday, November 8, 2014

WISH I MAY, WISH I MIGHT! 11/9/14

HAVE YOU EVER wished upon a star? I know I have, but I wouldn’t wish to have any of my dreams to come true today. Especially after having drank certain tea’s or have taken certain pills. Dreams are erratic enough without the aid of having consumed something to help you sleep. "I wish I may, I wish I might, I wish my dreams comes true tonight!" How spooky is that?

GOD PLACED the stars in the heaven’s to bring additional light so we could navigate. They are the directional’s that man has used from the beginning to guide over land and sea during the night. Today we have what they call GPS! It can be used day or night and recently the police were able to track a kidnapper because the car company had placed it in his car.

EVIL will find a way! So what a man thinks in his heart, he will do. What are your thoughts? What are your plans for today? What were you dreaming of yesterday? How are you doing so far? Ask yourself; "am I wealthy or rich with stuff? Am I successful in all of my financial endeavors?" I know that, in the sense that the world sees lots of money and stuff, I am far from living in those standards! So far, because of Christ, my life is far better than I could have ever dreamed it could be.

"FLEE THE EVIL desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord, out of a pure heart." 2 Timothy 2:22     This isn’t talking entirely about sensual desires, but the grand ambitions for power, becoming prideful, allowing brashness and stubbornness to rule you so that you can succeed. Those who are still in their youth, this passage is the encouragement you need to seek God’s kingdom first. Many of us remember our youth and our pursuits of happiness but today, we know the value of leaning upon the Lord.

MAKING PLANS is what most of us love to do. Making a plan for the day doesn’t always turn out as we planned. We had planned to sell our house this last Summer but it didn’t sell! Why? Haven’t a clue but it does go to show making plans doesn’t always mean success will follow. We can plan, but we shouldn’t place a lot of hope on the plan. We are just a puff of smoke. The day will come and go; we get older; our health is failing; but God is faithful!

MANY QUOTE Jeremiah 29:11 that says; "For I know the plans I have for you says, the Lord." I love that verse, but the plan God has is "Plans for our welfare and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope."      God’s plan is for us to seek His face and to call upon His Son and take Him as our Savior! That is for our welfare, giving us a future here to serve Him, and the hope of eternity in heaven. God’s plan excites me everyday; does it excite you?

LET"S LOOK at some scriptures in Proverbs. "Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." Proverbs 16:3     Committing our work to the Lord comes with paying attention to God’s will. God will not establish our plans if we are not walking with Him.   "A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs His steps." Proverbs 16:9      Get the picture?     "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established." Proverbs 19:21    Is it getting clearer? Can you sink your teeth into this?

I PRAISE the Lord everyday for my husband. He sets the pattern for our lives and we both serve the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind. One last verse to encourage all those who serve the Lord with gladness. The first part of Proverbs 21:5 says; "The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance." Job lived a life full of days! Mary, the sister of Martha, lived a life doing what she could! We can live a life not seeking earthly rewards because we know that our eternity is with our Savior in heaven with the Father. How good is that? Living a life of thanksgiving is abundant living!
By Jane Ann Crenshaw 11/8/14

No comments: