Saturday, October 3, 2015

WHAT IS GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU? October 4, 2015

I KNOW I have addressed this question many times but it still is an issue that keeps coming up and I believe many are not quite satisfied or have understanding of what God’s will is.   Recently I heard it expressed with; “do we have to know God’s will!”    I believe that God has let us know explicitly, what His will is for each one of us.     Jesus knew what His Father’s will was for Him, at the age of 12 (Luke 2:49).   We are His children also, and He has expressed in His Word, what His will is for each one of us.  
LET ME ASK you a few questions to think about.   Does God really care where you live?    Does God care what you choose as a lively hood; a way to support your physical needs?  Does God care what Doctor you choose to advise you on your health?    Does God care whom you choose to marry or what you name your children?    Does God want to direct your path in your personal life so you will reach the goals He has set before you?   Does God set stumbling blocks before you to redirect your way?    Lots to think about, huh!
MANY TIMES I have said; “There but for the grace of God go I!”    Because of God in my life I have chosen not to work in certain professions.   Because of God I have chosen to be circumspect in my relationships.   Because of God I have raised my children to know Him.  Because of my decision to live for Him, I have chosen to follow the path He has set out for me.   Because of my relationship with God, He has chosen to use me where I am, and in what I do.  With God in my life, He has set me in my own little world of total amazement!
“FOR GOD so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”  John 3:16     This passage is so familiar to all of us and in it we find that God’s will is that no one should perish.   Is knowing God’s will important!   Absolutely!     Remember the story of the lost sheep?   Out of 100 sheep one is lost.  He searches for it and rejoices when he is found.   It is God’s will that not one of his children be lost.  (Matthew 18:12-14)    “The Lord is not slow about His promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”  2 Peter 3:9      What do you think of God’s will now?
HERE ARE Some more!   “For it is God’s will that by doing right you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.  Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for evil, but live as servants of God.”  1 Peter 2:15-16     How about  1 John 2:17 “And the world passes away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides for ever!”   Now lets get into the nitty-gritty of God’s will for us.
“I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.  Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”   Romans 12:1-2
  I HAVE NOT shared with you anything that you are not already aware of.   Many want
to grab hold of Jeremiah 29:11 and expect God to take them by the hand and lead them thru all the muck and mire and bring them out smelling good.   For one thing, that whole passage was given to the captives in Babylon because Jerusalem was to be destroyed.   He said for them to hold tight for He had a plan for them.  A plan for good and not evil; to give them a future and a hope.   Well, God’s will for us comes with a plan just like that.   He has a future all planned out for us and it comes with HOPE which is Jesus Christ.  Meanwhile we need to be circumspect in  living our lives!   Read Galatians 5:16-25, it spells it out for you; but instead of His hand He has given us His SPIRIT!   His will for us is to walk by the Spirit, and  He has given us fruit also.   Our liberty in Christ is not free, show it off by letting it shine!    By Jane Ann Crenshaw 10/3/15

No comments: