Saturday, October 31, 2015

WHAT NEVER ENTERED GOD'S MIND? 11/1/15

THERE HAS been a plague sweeping over the face of the earth for many years now.   It has killed more people than all of the wars ever fought, heart attacks, disease and pestilence.  The victims are children!  Children who are living in the most dangerous place on earth....the womb of their mother!
WHEN I FIRST prepared this lesson for a ladies class, in the late 90's, the information I had, said that in the United States alone, fifty four million babies had been aborted since 1970!   “Abortion or pregnancy terminations” are just polite names for killing unborn children.  One of the arguments in favor of abortion was; “a fetus is not a living person and has no rights”.   I believe this argument, thru the years for the most part, have concluded the fetus is a living person and so they came up with other reasons that abortion should be legal.    Eventually Planned Parenthood and other clinics with bogus treatments to be available to women was really a “cider house” fantasy.   They have become butcher shops, even to selling the body parts of these un-suspecting babies.   Our dollars are used to funds them and we allow it!     How sad for us!
YEARS AGO an elderly lady , age 84, came to me and asked to speak privately.  She has long since passed away so I think I can share her story.   When she was a young woman and before she met Jesus she had an abortion.  She already had two children!  Her husband didn’t have a “real” job and so she didn’t tell her husband, but confided in a neighbor lady and together they decided to abort the baby and no one would be the wiser.  She was to drink some kind of liquid and the neighbor had a coat hanger handy, if that didn’t work.  My friend was very ill afterwards and her husband never knew.   She knew in her heart that she had done the right thing! Later she became pregnant again but their circumstances were better and she gave birth to her youngest daughter, whom she loved very much.  She was telling me this story because she still felt that she did the right thing, but knew that she needed to ask God for forgiveness, she wanted to continue feeling justified.  I encouraged her to keep talking this out with God and that the Holy Spirit would convict her of her guilt, because I knew she was telling me about this in hopes I would condone her actions, and assure her that she had done the right thing, and then she could be vindicated.  Doing something that is wrong certainly does not make it right, even in the long run.  I know when we come to Christ, all is made new but in her heart she had not repented of her actions.  Even after we prayed I was sad for her, but felt this was between her and God!
MY MOTHER had fourteen children.   All single births, and five miscarriages.   Even though the Doctor would warn her about having anymore babies, she still carried them to term and loved us all.   She was a no nonsense Mom and we never felt unloved, and even though means were meager she still managed to raise us.   It can be done, and so when I hear stories, like my friend, I question; “couldn’t there have been another way?”
WHEN Jim and I moved with our children in 1970 to Oregon; and had been in our rental for only a couple of weeks, we were visited by two hippy like young women who heard from the neighbors that we would be interested in their services.   They were from an early form of Planned Parenthood!   This was new to us!    And who were they, that could advise us about planning our family?   We told them NO thank you!   We had a license that says we could do that on our own!   I didn’t have a clue as to who they were but I knew I wanted no part of them.
IT AMAZES me that our world allows decisions to be made to placate the whims of those not wanting to face a situation or because of how it may look to others. In the mind of many women, and because it is their body, it is their decision of choice, as to whether they should carry the child or not.  To them it is not a moral issue!    I believe abortion is one of those places where God says; “It never entered my mind!"      Jane Ann Crenshaw   10/20/15

No comments: