Saturday, December 26, 2015

DO YOU KNOW GOD? 12/27/15

MANY SERMONS, bible studies and even Sunday School lessons have been written so that we may know God.   Every Theologian has studied this subject and walked away still scratching their heads.   Faith is the key to every aspect of God.    Faith is the key to every aspect in knowing His Son, Jesus!
WHEN I MARRIED Jim, I did not know him!    My Mother said you never know a man until you are married to him!    Of course that has merit, because until we live with someone day in and day out we would never get to know their behavioral patterns, or their temperament.  Their real likes and dislikes.   During the courtship smiling days we both were on our best behavior.   However, thru the years, we began to know each other very well.   But even today, Jim surprises me and I realize there is still a lot of things about him that I do not know.  
PAUL ADDRESSES the Saints in Rome with a prayer of thanksgiving for them, and then lays it upon them, that all gentiles are guilty before God.   “For what can be known about God, is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.   Ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature, namely, His eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made.”    Romans 1:19-20     If I can still be learning about my husband after 54 years of marriage, everyday I can still seek to know more about God!
GOD has many names and each name tells something about Him.   The world has no respect or even fear of God.   They use His name to damn other’s and they use His name to show disgust and even hatefulness.   They are quick to swear by the name of God when they want others to believe them!  They have no clue as to the importance of His name!    They do the same with His Son’s name!  They use His name with guile.  They are not respectful nor concerned about what His desires are.   I believe the world is in for a rude awakening!   All will be face with the reality of God and His Son.   All will be face with Gods power, His glory and His promises!
IN THE STORY where Moses is confronted by the burning bush and is given his walking papers to return to Egypt, Moses asks God; “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘what is his name?  What shall I say to them?”  Exodus 3:13    Remember the Israelites were afraid to call God by His name.   They would call Him; Yahweh or Jehovah!    The following verse is one of my favorites!    “I AM, WHO I AM!”  God gave this name to Himself!    This name tells us that He is all and in all!    Makes me quiver inside!   Sets my pulses racing!   Makes me ask the question; “who am I that God should send His Son to save my soul?”
WHEN we are one with Him, we have all we need!   Yet we search to know more and more!   Paul did also!   He wanted to know God not only in big happenings in his life,  but in the small things also.    The interesting thing is that God wants to know us also, not only in our big accomplishments but also in the small things.   He desires intimacy with us!  
DOES GOD bring about coincidences in our lives or does He respond and answer our prayers?   Do we live by chance or does God come to our aide?    I can not tell you how many times God has helped me to find that which was lost.   When I needed to know if I was on the right track, God provided me with evidence that caused me to give sighs of relief.   Because we know the name of God and we know of His power and might, along with His intimate knowledge of us, we know that God always keeps His promises, and is there even in our darkest hour!
“AND THEREFORE, I suffer as I do, But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am sure that He is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.”
2 Timothy 1:12     Hell shudders at the name of Jesus!   Jesus is what He is!   He will be what He will be!   God has said; “I AM, WHO I AM!”   Do not be afraid!   Jane Ann Crenshaw 12/26/15

No comments: