Saturday, December 5, 2015

SHOPPING, SHOPPING, SHOPPING! 12/6/15

SHOPPING is not one of my forte’s!   Don’t get me wrong I love buying gifts for others and preparing for festive gatherings.   But to always have something in mind to buy is hard to do!   I do love to window shop and when I spy something I think someone would like to have, I usually don’t have any money on me to buy; not even the window!   Now my Jennifer listens and looks for things that she thinks the person she is buying for, would really like.   She starts early and this year has been wrapping and checking her list.   However, she gets right into giving.   Not only family, but children from the Christmas tree at the bank.   The shoe boxes that are filled and sent to third world countries!
JIM and I sang in the Chorale a few years back for a Christmas concert.   One song that I would love to say Jim loved, but actually he didn’t, but remembers well.    One line that the base sang along with the whole choir; “shopping, shopping, shopping ‘but don’t forget the cinnamon’!”   We still laugh about that!   I remember, it was a fun song to sing!   So when we are shopping I never forget the cinnamon.   I have three small bottles on the shelf!
BELIEVE it or not; I am almost done with my shopping.    I did start wrapping but haven’t kept up with it.   It looms over me like a black ugly cloud.   I know I need to do it!   I know it needs to get done!    I know that I still have time!   Tomorrow is always there!   But today, I am decorating.   I am putting old decorations into new places, since we have moved from where we were to where we are now.    Happy days are here again!  Life is good!  Christmas is coming and the Christmas CD’s have been dusted and set out.
MUSIC has always been an important part of our lives!    We have Christmas CD’s galore, and usually don’t have time to listen to them except when decorating the tree.   This year we have been listening to Christmas music in the car, in our living room, and it thrills me!    Yesterday I dusted off a huge book called “Readers Digest” Merry Christmas Songbook, that  Jennifer gave to me many years ago, and I played out of it for the first time!   So much fun!
I THANK GOD for Christmas and I thank Him for His Son of whom the day is named after; and the story of His birth!    Without Jesus, the Christ child,  this day would never have occurred!   Without Jesus we would not be remembering the babe in the manger!   Without Jesus we would not have heard the story of the shepherds or the wise men coming from the East!   There would not have been the star, the innkeeper, the story of the Angel Gabriel or have heard about John the Baptist!   We would never know how courageous Mary and Joseph were and how much Jesus loves His Father and how much they both love us!
I OFTEN THINK about those who shared Jesus with me when I was a child and about those who have taught me thru the years.   Where would I be today if they had not loved me enough to teach me of His saving grace.   Where would I be today if I had not been encouraged to study His Word and to teach others.   It is thru others that I met Jesus, where would I be without Him!   I hate to think about the alternatives because the evidence surrounds all of us!
MY LIFE AND YOURS would be completely different.   We would be products of the world filled with envy, strife, anger, bitterness, evil desires, filthy words, hate and the list goes on and on.    We love to quote Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil to give you a future and a hope.”   Israel’s exile was brought about because of sin, but when sin was forsaken by the people, God’s purposes in mercy would then be realized.   Even in days of old when God’s people sought Him whole-heartedly, they would find him.  So it is with us today; “seek Him with all your heart and He promises you will find Him!”   His plan for us is set, it is up to us to continually seek Him!    I belong to Jesus, He has set me free; PRAISE GOD, He belongs to me!    Jane Ann Crenshaw 12/5/15

No comments: