Saturday, January 9, 2016

HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE! 1/10/16

WHEN YOU HEAR that phrase; “here, there and everywhere” what comes to mind?    I was listening to some instrumental music on the TV and this was the title of one of the songs played.   Here, there and everywhere!  I’ve been there, and in my small world I feel I have been everywhere, but where I was at the moment was home!     It is always exciting when we are faced with returning home, especially after a period of being gone.  It is exciting planning a vacation, but when headed home, I have a feeling of anticipation of a different kind.  I’m closer to home; almost home; we’re home!
THE OTHER day I was visiting with a fellow Christian.   She is attending a different congregation than me; She said, regarding the Church I attend; “I love this church, it is where I was born!”    We always have a warm feeling about the Church where we accept Christ as our Savior and are baptized; the place where we grew up in Jesus name!    It is true we move from place to place by changing our location or feeling led by the Lord.   In my life time I have been actively involved in six congregations and I have been at home in each one!   How can that be?  
I BELIEVE  upon baptism, the Holy Spirit moved into me and took up residence!   I believe God has made His home within me.   Here, there and everywhere I go, I am at home with God!  Jesus said “if you love me;” “if you keep my commandments, we can live together!   When we ask God; “How will you manifest yourself to me” doesn’t God answer?  Jesus was asked this question and His answer is for all of His children.
“JESUS ANSWERED him; “If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”  John 14:23    Do you ever ponder His presence in you?     Can you feel His presence in you?   Wherever you go, are you pleased that He is with you?    Have you always been comfortable knowing He is with you?
MY SIXTH grade Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Watkins said to ask yourself before you go to places and are doing worldly things; “do I want Jesus to come and find me here, and doing this?”   Can I take the Savior with me and have a drink with my friends?    Can I go to a movie that is very explicit with sexual, violent and deceitful innuendo’s?      None of us are perfect, but in Christ we are being renewed day by day!   Question yourself and think on these things!
JOSHUA was encouraged to “Stand firm and to be not afraid!”   The battle of Jericho was conquered by spiritual rather than carnal means.   God is well known for how He uses foolish things to confound the wise.   “Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”    Joshua 1:9     Do you think that scripture was intended for Joshua only?    I don’t!   I think because I have given my allegiance to the Lord, He has promised to be with me wherever I go.  
IN EPHESIANS  6:10 “Paul encourages us to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.”     “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Ephesians 6:11-12
WHEREVER you go, take the name of Jesus with you by putting on His truth; His righteousness; walk here and there in His gospel of peace; which includes His shield of faith which will protect you from Satan’s flaming darts.   His salvation and His spirit which is the Word of God will keep you until the day of the Lord!   Be alert and pray always!   God has called all to follow Him but only a few have come into His place of rest.   I pray you are one of His children!   I pray that this world is not your home but that heaven is in your eternal future!   I can hear my Savior now; “Welcome home children!”      Jane Ann Crenshaw    1/7/16

No comments: