Saturday, January 23, 2016

WHERE DO YOU FEEL SAFE? 1/24/16

AS A CHILD  growing up in a large family, I felt safe.    I had a strong mother who was 33 yrs old when I was born!   Being the 10th child I had many older siblings that cared for me and kept me safe.  It was easy to put my trust in each of them because they were raised by our strong mother.   A no nonsense woman who knew who she could trust with her children and who she couldn’t trust with her children.   I had a grandfather who had a wandering eye for girls.   She never left us alone with him!    My brothers were raised to respect their sisters and to protect them, of which they had 7 to deal with.
I BORED many men and women friends with my stories of my brothers and sisters.    My husband saw their value in my life, and so today I talk about them in Bible lessons I teach, and in my blog.   Lloyd gave me advice on how to keep my thoughts and my tongue under control with “dirty rotten; etc.    Lonnie taught me how to make gravy; helped me purchase my first car; 56 Chevy 4 door Bel-Air.   Showed me how to change a tire, then said get yourself a mechanic.  Never call me in the middle of the night to come get you or set in a car with a boy!
OLDER SISTERS can be the best teachers in a girls life.    I listened, argued, remembered and learned!    Today I am a product of my family and I am proud of it!   Feeling safe means you can go to any of them and confess; you can be embarrassed and move on; you are not reduced to being a second class citizen.    Love abounds!  
I HAD SO MANY brothers that I didn’t need another man in life, and I didn’t know what to do about Jim!   But Layton assured me that Jim was a good man and I should consider him!    I have always felt safe and secure with Jim!   God has provided me with men that care about other people.    It is true; “A good man is hard to find!”  God helped me to find Jim!
I HAVE HEARD and read many stories of physical and sexual abuse from within the home!    I have heard and read many stories of physical and sexual assaults that are in the world! The condition of not feeling safe on the streets, is rampant in every neighborhood.   I ask you again; “where do you feel safe?”   Have you experience what so many have and are afraid to tell about it?    Are you living in a quiet, self absorbed existence because you are afraid to reveal your shame, your discouragement or your inability to go on!
LET ME TELL YOU about Jesus!    I have lived a sheltered life!    But I have always been aware of what the world is like!     My brother Lloyd said about me, that everything just went over my head!   He said I didn’t have a clue about life!   Early on I knew I needed Jesus!    I never was abused in my home, in my marriage, where I worked, but I needed Jesus!     I was very young when I accepted Jesus, and I didn’t really get to know Him until He drew me into His safety net!  There I have found the peace that passes all understanding.
“COME UNTO ME all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30   I call Jesus my Savior!    He is my safety net!  
“THE LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth!”  Psalms 145:18     The Lord hears everyone who calls upon His name.   His eye’s are on His children but He also hears the call from the repentant sinner .   His children are encouraged to seek His face but a repentant sinner is commanded to seek the Lord also.  “Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near!”  Isaiah 55:6    Only the Lord can take your secret heartaches and even your blatant sin and draw you into His safety net.   Satan can’t touch you there unless you let Him.   “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for thou alone, O Lord, makes me to dwell in safety!”   Psalms 4:8    Jane Ann Crenshaw 1/18/16

No comments: