Saturday, March 12, 2016

HELP ME, HELP ME! 3/13/16

HAVE YOU ever,  out of desperation, asked for help?    I mean totally despondent, bursting at the seams, over the top or buried very deep in a pit?    Maybe it was of your own making?     Perhaps it was thru a bad  financial investment, maybe an accident that had left you or a loved one totally dependent; unable to cope on your own.   Circumstances of life could have left you in a place that you felt there was absolutely no way out or nothing you could do,    All of us have been in the wrong place at the wrong time!
I HAVE had dreams where I was lost and knew I could be accosted, and one time in a place underground, below where I lived above ground; and I couldn’t find my way out.   Dreams can take you into mysterious places and you feel trapped.   I have learned since childhood that when I no longer want to be in the dream I can make myself wake up!    Do you know what I mean?   Have you ever done that?   I could set myself free.   But if I went back to sleep, sometimes the story could just continue where it left off.   Why is that?   I can remember most of my dreams, or nightmares!   Time erases them, but I remember and hate not having control.
WHEN I was a young woman I took a night class in psychology.   What I learned about dreams was nothing but I did learn that when you lay down to sleep, and you involuntary jump, it means that you were falling asleep.    I guess we all need to know that!   But the good thing to know is that God spoke to many thru dreams and visions.   The scriptures tell us that, and  I believe that he still can do that, and perhaps does.  I have heard that many are being saved thru visions and dreams around the world even today!   How exciting is that!
PAUL experienced visions and dreams, and he was a mighty man of God!    I remember while in a dream I have found things that I had misplaced or lost.  I have even solved many a problem in a dream.   I also know that a quick prayer out of desperation I have been able to quickly find things that were lost.   In all things give God the praise and the glory due Him!
JESUS encourages us to not be anxious about our lives; things like food, clothing and even shelter.   He knows our needs!    He say to not worry about how long you will live because there is nothing you can do about that.   He says for us to not worry about tomorrow because today is the day He has made for us, and there is plenty to do today.  Tomorrow has it’s own problems, tomorrow is time enough to think about them.   
“ASK, AND IT will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.   For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”   Matthew 7:7-8    The conditions for effectual prayer include; a right relationship of repentance and faith.    God listens to the unbeliever and may even answer them, but when we, His children, come earnestly and spiritually filled with desire , He listens with bated breath.  We can pray with confidence which leads us to ask in simple trust, and a faith which believes that God is both able and willing to answer.   No matter what we ask, we are to ask “in God’s will!
WHILE there are many hindrances to prayer, all of them may be comprehended under two general classifications; sin and unbelief.    I always stress going before the Lord with clean hands and a pure heart.   I make an effort to do this!    “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”   Matthew 21:22      How is your prayer walk today, is it paved in faith?    We are on the glory road, walk like it!  Remember, God is with us;  He is listening!
MANY scriptures were directed to the Apostles and the other Disciples.   We use these to encourage us in our own prayer life.    Jesus said; “These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.”  John 15:11   Jesus said this as He faced the Cross; He found joy in doing the Father’s will!   The Apostles also found great joy in God’s will for the Church.   We too can find joy when we walk in God’s will!  Jane Ann Crenshaw 3/8/16

No comments: