Saturday, March 19, 2016

JUDGEMENT WILL COME! 3/20/16

PALM SUNDAY was a day filled with sadness, excitement, glory, and judgement.    Jesus was filled with sadness as He rode into Jerusalem on the back of a young donkey.    People filled the road with palm branches and stood along side the road , singing,with shouts of “Hosanna, Hosanna,” which meant; “save us now!”    Jesus wanted to save the people but not in the way that the people understood.   They wanted to be saved from worldly oppression and Jesus came to save them from their sins!
THE JEWS knew they were sinners.   The law taught them that.   Each had their own issues and after hearing of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead they thought that Jesus might be the one to make Jerusalem great again.    Sounds familiar doesn’t it?   Today in our country we are looking for a savior to come and make America great again!    People spend their lives seeking for someone else to fix things for them.   The people become the judge of who can do that.   We cast our vote for this one or that one, and the only one that can make America great again, is the one who blessed us from the beginning.
SOME PEOPLE were saying; "look, the whole world is following Him!   Perhaps He is the one; we need to talk to Him!"    Jesus said to His Apostles; “The hour has now come for the Son of Man to be given great glory.  John 12:23    Jesus was filled with the glory that could radiate into a single life, and change the world.   The hour had come for Him to be lifted up and to draw all men to Him.    Hope and change is desirable but hope and change can only come when you submit to Jesus!    People did not understand then and they do not understand today!
THE LAW was in place to act as judge.   Jesus came to save man from judgement!
There are all kinds of judges and judgements!    Jesus went before the courts and was found innocent, but was sentenced to die anyway.    Jesus says; ‘”Whoever hears my message and does not obey it, I will not judge him.  I came, not to judge the world, but to save it.”  Whoever rejects me and does not accept my message, has one who will judge him.”   John 13:47-48    The Father sent the Son and the Son does His will.   When we go before this Judge, Jesus steps in and give us His favor, the judge finds us innocent even though we are guilty.   I understand this, do you?
I REMEMBER the first time I went to camp.   It was called Happy Hollow, and it was somewhere in Southern California.   It was a great place for a Christian Camp.   Towards the end of the week I was chosen to be a judge for the ‘best camper!”   Mind you, there were a lot of boys and girls at this camp, and I was chosen to be a judge; I barely knew how to tie my shoes.   I met with the other judges and we were given instructions.   And all I could think of was;  I was a judge!    One of the girls showed signs of coming from a wealthy family.   I remember she was cute, vivacious and everyone seemed to like her.   So when her name came up,  I voted for her!
GOD’S judgement is full of truth, compassion and all knowing.    We must pay attention to His Word if we want the kind of consideration that Jesus has prepared for us.    I love the life Jesus has given me!   It didn’t just happen, but all the same it is a miracle!   He took a little, self centered, freckled faced girl, and set her on a road to perfection.    I haven’t completed my journey and I have no clue as to when my journey will end,  but I feel God’s presence as I stay in His Word and take to heart all that is said to me.   One of my early memorization’s was “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth!”   2 Timothy 2:15.    He says we are to do our best!  
“FOR GOD so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.   For God send not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.”   John 3:16-17
Palm Sunday, a day to remember, that Jesus came to save us!    Jane Ann Crenshaw 3/17/16

No comments: