Saturday, April 2, 2016

BLESS THIS ROAD! 4/3/16

I HEARD recently a new song titled; “Bless This Road”, and was amazed with what it conjured up in my mind.    I have learned to pay attention when these things happen because new thoughts bring new growth in my life.   I have always prayed for those who find themselves on a new path; a new direction, new train of thought.  Paths are sometimes short lived, dusty and fruitless.    However, life can become completely different when we find ourselves on a road of no return.   A direction without twists or turns but hard, and long with no obvious detours.    Living life is more like a road than it is a path!  
PATH or ROAD can be a way of life, or course of action.   Usually a path is one beaten down by man, or animals, just by walking on it.   A road can be an open way, which is followed in a journey, or a project.   Either one can be considered, when our lives take a sharp turn, and our way has been re-directed; many times without our consent.
HOW MANY times have I asked the Lord to bless the path someone is on.    But this song title helped me to see that the way of the road is really a very long road, filled with questions, heartache and sorrow.   Usually one is thrust upon this road when it was the furthest
from their mind.   They feel lost; no way to turn; what do I do now?   Their feelings are so complex, that I find myself without words.   All I can do is hold them in my arms and even cry with them.   Tears can bring comfort, but warm arms, bring them in out of the cold.
JESUS found Himself on such a road.    Even thought He knew it would be coming, His work kept Him occupied until it was time.    Then He went to the garden with some of His companions and asked them to wait while He prayed.   His prayer was for strength, guidance and even three times He asked His Father; “could there be some other way; take this cup from me! Finally thru complete submission, Jesus said; “never the less, your will be done!”
HOW DOES that make you feel?    It brings tears to my eyes every time I read that!  Jesus knew before God’s creation,  that this would take place.   The man Jesus felt the same kind of pain and anguish that you and I feel when we have been given a life changing sentence. “You have cancer; you have had a severe stroke and are now paralyzed; your heart is very bad and you need to change your diet, and  your life style; I am sorry but you will not be able to conceive and have children.”   Oh how my heart aches for those who’s lives change, in a moment.  
ARE WE like blind Bartimaeus, on the Jericho road?   When he heard Jesus was there
 He shouted out; “Jesus!  Son of David!  Have mercy on me!”  Even though others told him to be quiet and not bother Jesus, he shouted even louder; “Son of David, have mercy on me!” This man’s determination caught Jesus’ ear, and He stopped.   Jesus told His friends to call the man to Him.  “Get up, He is calling you!”  Bartimaeus threw off his cloak, jumped up, and came to Jesus.  Jesus asked him; “What do you want me to do for you?”   “Teacher, I want to see again!”   “Go,” Jesus said to him, “your faith has made you well.”   At once he could see!
YOUR FAITH has made you well.   Bartimaeus showed his faith by calling to Jesus, going to Jesus, believing that Jesus was the Messiah, being persistent even though others scolded him, he threw off everything that held him back and by obeying Jesus, he went to Him when He called him to come, and he followed Jesus, praising his name, after he was healed.
WHEN Jesus prayed to His father to let this cup pass from Him, the Fathers will was for Him to free us from our sins.   We live in a sinful world and we die because of sin in the world.  No matter what takes our physical life from here, our eternal life can be with God in His home, in heaven.   The roads of this world are just like the road to Calvary, but our ticket to heaven has already been paid.   We don’t have to stand in line,  we have reservations.   Together, we Christians can ask the Lord to BLESS THIS ROAD!   (Mark 10; 46-52)    Jane Ann Crenshaw 3/30/16

No comments: