Saturday, May 21, 2016

AT A LOSS FOR WORDS! 5/22/16

I DON’T believe I have ever been at a loss for words, however, I am still learning to be quiet!    The scripture on my office wall says; “Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.”  Psalms141:3     I  have always had a lot to say on any given subject, even if I didn’t know anything about it.   It is just in me, to talk!    I have never been profound, nor do I experience other’s clinging to every word I say.    So when I say I am confounded by God’s gift these past 30 some years, you have to understand why I keep writing.   Why I keep teaching.   Why my desire is to delight in the Lord!
TEACHING children is cool, because children put their trust in you and listen, participate, and encourage you to keep keeping on; teaching children.   Teaching adults is an altogether, different story.   You have to be one step ahead, because there is always someone who knows more on the subject, and who is articulate to boot.    You may have stories, but adults, have stories too, and learning how to let every one share, is a key that opens the door to teaching; especially women!
I BELIEVE that in teaching God’s Word, He has made the process so much easier, and so much fun, that you don’t even realize your teaching.    Today, the term ‘facilitator’ is used when leading a Bible Study, or a Sunday School class.    I don’t facilitate, as most facilitators do, except thru the process of teaching.    In the old Webster Dictionary the word facilitate means; to make easy!     The word teach, means; To give instruction; to impart knowledge to; to cause to learn; to direct the development of.     I have found that when only facilitating is the process, I leave with every ones story, and opinions.   When teaching takes place I have learned, what the scripture is saying.   I can take it with me, and do further searching, into God’s Word.  
A YOUNG pastor, in his Wednesday night studies, showed me how to facilitate and to teach.   I loved it and I learned from it, how to become a better teacher, thru facilitating.   Does that make sense to you?     I very seldom take one verse and talk about it for an hour.   I love to take a subject and see how God directs me on the subject at hand.   It is easier for me to grab hold of, and walk with it thru my daily living!   I am not boasting, just offering my true confessions!
I HAVE always been a slow learner.   Tests were not easy!    I am a hands on kind of girl!  When I am shown what to do, it is easier for me to do it!    I once was told there was a name for how I learn, but it must not be important, since I can’t remember anymore what that was.
           SINCE I started writing my memories, and began adding how God’s Word has redirected me in my walk, it has been easier and easier for me to teach, even as I write.    Thru this process I have been able to take what I have written, and prepare lessons to teach Women’s studies.   Our amazing God has helped me to teach adults, and not be afraid, because of my feeling of inadequacies.   Our Amazing God has given me a desire to lift up and encourage others to reach out, and trust Him, in all ways, so that they can become all that God has created them to be.
I AM LIVING proof of God’s amazing life altering skills.   Instead of sitting around wishing you could, or wanting for something to fall into your lap; give it to God and let Him mold you, and make you into a vessel of completeness, in Him.   “Make me to know thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.  Lead me in thy truth, and teach me, for thou art the God of my salvation; for thee I wait all the day long.   Psalms 25:4-5
GOD HAS always been with me, because He has kept me from falling to far into the pit!
The temptations that came my way, I was always pulled out of,  one way or another.   My brother Lloyd, use to say; “everything just goes over your head!”   To God be the Glory forever and ever!   He is my rock and my shield!   Am I perfect?   No!   Am I lost?   No!   I am saved by the grace of my Lord and Savior.   Jane Ann Crenshaw   5/21/16

No comments: