Sunday, June 12, 2016

CLANDESTINE OPERATIONS! 6/12/16

HAVE YOU ever done things in secret?   I am talking about intentionally, deliberately keeping secrets to the point of doing and saying things not in character, just to make something, extra ordinary, happen?    Why do it in secret?   Why put yourself in these kinds of positions, that around every corner you need to create a scenario to cover what you did, or what you are about to do?    To make something special for someone you love!   Absolutely!   Okay, now you know I have been in planning stages, doing all the necessary preparations, and then when there is no return; creating daily scenario’s to keep what was in motion, under wraps until the big day!   For months I have been filled with secrets!
I HAVE lived most of my life paying attention to the truth.   Don’t lie!    Even when I do a deceitful thing, I tell someone.   I wasn’t always like that!   Like most children we lie to either protect ourselves from punishment, or because we want something, and then try to show our innocence, when we are not innocent!    
HAVE you ever read a scripture and have it jump right out at you as though pointing a finger and saying; “you are guilty, you liar!”    That is what a story in Numbers 32 did to me many, many years ago.   It lives with me always!   When the Israelites were beginning to settle east of the Jordan, assignments were being made.   Instructions were given by Moses and if they followed the Lord in all these ways, God would subdue the land, and they could take possession.   However, in verse 23, they are warned by God; “But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against the Lord, and be sure your sin will find you out.”   When you read further in God’s Word, you will find many reminders regarding lying!    “A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies.”   Proverbs 14:5
I HEARD my Dad say; “It is easier to tell the truth, than it is to remember!”   Isn’t that the truth!   When speaking the truth, the truth is always there in memory.   When you tell stories, you have to remember because the lie is always followed with more and more embellishments.   You become an actor playing a part.   You need to memorize your lines to keep the story going.  In my secret project, my made up stories became, total improvisation!
THE BIG DAY was yesterday!   My husband will be 80 in a week, so celebration was called for.  Family and friends came and surprised Jim, and I mean we surprised Him; big time!    This whole process took a lot out of me because I needed to impose on others to put it all together.   Secret phone calls, wanting the car to go by myself (which I never do) and cleaning my house, along with putting plants into pots to spruce up the yard.   So much to do in so little time because I couldn’t start the big stuff too early.
THE DIFFERENCE between practicing the sin of lying for my preservation or self indulgence,  I was deliberately giving false information to keep Jim from suspecting anything towards a celebration of his birthday.   If I had asked he would have said no and I couldn’t go against his wishes.   The only thing that I could tell myself in order to keep this up was that Jim is a deserving man.   I want as many who can. to come and celebrate with him!   I thank the Lord every day for Jim and give God all the honor and glory for bringing this man into my life.
“DO NOT LET anyone deceive you with foolish words; it is because of these very things that God’s wrath will come upon those who do not obey Him. Ephesians  5:6    I pray God will forgive me for the foolishness of words in order to surprise Jim.    “Since you are God’s dear children, you must try to be like Him.  Your life must be controlled by love, just as Christ loved us and gave His life for us, as a sweet-smelling offering and sacrifice that pleases God.”  Ephesians 5:1-2    Christ has changed us from enemies to friends of God!   What I did, had no malicious intent, but only love!     Happy birthday Jim!      Jane Ann Crenshaw 6/10/16

No comments: