Sunday, August 7, 2016

HOW IS YOUR WALK? August 7, 2016

FOR SOME years I have had a problem with my right leg.   Before the problem with my leg I had some problems with my feet which overshadowed the problem with my leg.   Neuropathy is the condition with my feet and not much can be done.   I can live with that for now!    However, my right knee would buckle and I would lose feeling which made the bottom of my foot feel like it was sliding.   It didn’t happen all the time but when it did, I found myself leaning towards mini-strokes.
I DEVELOPED a slight limp!   About four months ago it happened again so we went to the on call Doctor, and was told it was not mini strokes but possibly a nerve problem.   X rays, Chiropractor; MRI, consultations and diagnoses later; I had a steroid shot in my lower back to relax the nerves that were bunched up, causing me to lose the feeling in my right leg.   Medicines can only do so much!   And it is true that practice is what happens when the Doctor is trying to fix you.   Medicines come with side affects and may or may not work.  
TODAY I am back at square one!    At first the meds seem to work,  and after about 4 or 5 days the feel good, hallelujah spirit subsided and the limp returned, and the loss of feeling gave me pause in my stride.   I have a back brace which helps the discomfort in my back.   I have a cane that will enable me to stand when it happens.   Tylenol see’s me thru daily, and of course with Jim encouraging and lifting me up; and more importantly, thru Christ I can do all things!  
ALWAYS I am reminded that the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.   When I look at my physical walk and my spiritual walk I become conflicted!   Paul says what I do, I don’t want to do.    In Ephesians 4:30,  Paul encourages us to not grieve the Holy Spirit!   I don’t want to do that but I know that on occasion, I do!   Immorality, impurity or covetousness must not be your MO.   “Let there be no filthiness, nor silly talk, nor levity, which are not fitting; but instead let there be thanksgiving.”  Ephesians 5:4  
NO CHRISTIAN wants to go against the Holy Spirit!   The things that we should not do are made known to us thru God’s Word.  But sometimes the fine print is overlooked.   We engage in things that we rationalize in our minds as ‘reaching out’; after all, we can do all things thru Christ!    “Therefore do not associate with them (hang out with the disobedient) for once you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light and try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.”  Ephesians 5:7-10
I KNOW MANY of my brothers and sisters in Christ do things that I feel they should not be doing.    If I condemn them I am interrupting my fellowship with God.   I am grieving the Holy Spirit.    I am not ordained to do the job of the Holy Spirit.   My job is to be in fellowship with Christ.    If I can encourage a fellow traveler to get back on the right path; that can be a good thing!    All good things come from God!
“LOOK CAREFULLY then how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.   And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart.”  Ephesians 5:15-19     I have come to understand that all who believe, are sealed with the Holy Spirit, but not all are true believers, and remain as they were; which leads to a life without Christ.
SORT OF like my leg when the feeling is lost.   It buckles and is useless.  I have to grab hold before I fall.    My goal as a Christian is to always be aware of the Spirit within me!.   Yes, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!   I will continue to get my leg fixed and will continue to strive to become all that God has created me to be!     Jane Ann Crenshaw 8/6/16

No comments: