Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Introduction to Morning Glory

My name is Jane Ann ! When I was a child I sat at the feet of my 9 older brothers and sisters and listened to their stories about their lives in the 20's, 30's and 40's. They seemed to have had so many adventures that it would bring the Dead End Kids, The Hardy Boys and Little House on the Prairie to tears. I would laugh and laugh and as I got older I saw the hardships were more than the good times but it didn't matter, I wanted stories like that of my own to tell. Needless to say, I never did! I thought when I became 30 I would have a few stories but I had two children instead. I began teaching Sunday School at 18 and have continued through out my life and it took me through all grades. In 1996, my final teaching experiences were with Ladies. I discovered my most favorite place in the Sunday School classroom. After retirement in 2001, we moved closer to my son and his family so we could become more involved in my 3 grandson's lives. I was asked to teach a Ladies class at our new church home. I began to update the lessons I had taught before but this time I included more of my own stories and even began to write my own version of biblical stories to make them a little more up front and personal. I taught this class for about 14 months and decided I wanted to try my hand at writing. Started out with writing memories about my 13 siblings. My mother and father! My husband and son and daughter. This led me into writing devotionals which included my stories which concluded with God's word and how it is to influence our daily walk with Him. I was amazed that I could do this! I am still amazed how God could take a little freckled faced girl with very little confidence in herself and place her in a world that needs the Lord. I continue to be amazed that at the age of 70 I have finally discovered I could put words together that contain a thought and carry it through to the end. Each page I wrote I would take it to my husband Jim and have him read it. Believe me, he was just as amazed as I still am. I chose to call my treasures "Morning Glory". This is a greeting from my childhood and makes me feel warm. Hebrews 2:9 says; "But we do see Him who has been made for a little while lower than the angels, namely Jesus. Because of His suffering of death was crowned with glory and honor, but by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone." Reading God's word fills me with pleasure. This is the beginning of my first taste of blogging.....Let me share His story with you through Morning Glory.

No comments: