Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I think everyone must have a wart story! Warts are a mystery to me especially when they say they are caused by a virus. Here is another wart story. Years ago, a friend of mine took her 10 yr old to have surgery performed on her hands and feet because she had warts. It turned out to not be a very good thing! Scars remain to this day and perhaps emotional scars because it was such a traumatic event in such a young life. Today there are products on the market that simplify the wart removal procedure. I should try it on my face and arms!
I am not changing the subject but I want to add a little more interest to our topic for this
week. I want to be a snowbird! I think Arizona, New Mexico or Southern California is calling
me right now! Last winter was long, white and very cold! A week ago we had snow flurries off and on and one full day of nothing but snow. Then, it was gone but I know it is coming back. I have often wondered where the name ‘Mother Nature’ came from. A good mother only wants what is good and healthy for their children. However, our heavenly Father says; "The rain falls on the good and the bad". Our Father created the universe and all the elements we have, to make it suitable for our environment. It works for our good and for our health! But being a snowbird has become suitable for many. How about it? Do you think its worth considering?
There is a statement by Paul in 2 Corinthians 1:9 that says; "We felt that we had received the sentence of death, but that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead". I know this verse seems a little extreme because Paul was literally talking about his death, but the point I want to make here is that no matter how depressed, confined or traumatic our lives seem, we need to bring ourselves into total submission to God and fully rely on Him.
What comes to your mind when you think about relying on someone? I learned early on in my marriage that Jim was very reliable. I knew that each day he would be home for lunch. I knew that shortly after 5:00 pm he would walk in the door. I could basically set my clock by him! Even though Jim was very reliable, there were times when he didn’t appear as usual and I would begin to wonder where he was and if he didn’t show up soon, then I would begin to worry.
Our God has shown us that he is more trustworthy and reliable than anyone we know, or anything we can do. His word tells us that we can depend upon Him and we can place our confidence in Him for all our needs. Human nature is such that our reliability depends upon circumstances. God’s nature is such that He never fails! As we continue through this week discussing F.R.O.G. think about times in your life where you were able to F.R.O.G. and times you didn’t. Let me know your thoughts! Either post them on the blog or email me....Jane Ann

No comments: