Saturday, July 10, 2010

THE GUEST ROOM! 7/10/10

I WATCH a lot of house hunters on HGTV. I am a 'lookie leu' at heart! I can watch the same ones over and over again. I look at the curb appearl; the bathrooms; the master bedroom; especially the kitchen. I'm not into stainless steel but I do like the island and the eat in kitchen area. Most people looking for a new or new to them home, want a guest room. I discovered that not always do they want a guest room for guest, but for an office; workout room or an extra room for the babies to play in.

GROWING UP IN A LARGE FAMILY we didn't have a guest room. Every bedroom or extra room was filled with beds, a small closet and a dresser, if we were lucky. We never had a guest room! I once had a friend stay over and she slept in the same bed with my sister and me, in the garage. As I look back on that, all I can say is; bless her heart for staying!

AFTER I MARRIED, I never really thought of a guest room until Danny married. Jim made Danny's old room part of the living room during a remodel project which included a master bedroom with bath and a small walk in closet. The extra bedroom became the guest room for when Dan and Faye came to visit. When the grandkids came along we bought a hide-a-bed!

LAST SUMMER my brother Lynn and his wife Kathleen were coming to visit along with some close friends, Kathy and Leon. We decided to combine Jim's paint studio with the office and create a guest room. What fun! We painted, shampooed the carpet bought an antique bed; an old chair and a bedside stand with drawers. our colors were a little strained because the bed frame is a deep walnut stain; the chair is black fabric top to bottom; I think it belonged to a diningroom set. The bedside stand is blue. The walls and the bedcover with shams are two different shades of green. The valance is a different color of green with white sheers. The wall frames are painted white. The room is very small so if I was to describe it in a few words it would be; "green walls with bed!"

I SAY A GUEST ROOM IS A GUEST ROOM IS A GUEST ROOM! At least if Jesus just dropped in I would have a room all ready for Him! That makes me happy! That makes me feel set a part! Have you ever wondered if Jesus came to visit where would He sleep; where would He set at the table; what you would talk about and how you would act? I always imagine scenario's in my mind. For instance; Jesus would come to the door and after the initial surprise full of exclamations, I would usher Him quickly into the living room. I would be yelling for Jim and at the same time telling Jesus I was so happy He came over. He would be my favorite visitor!

IN MY IMAGINATION my house is already for company and yet,I am just so happy to have Jesus there, I really don't care. I offer Him a glass of peach tea; I know He will love it because it is Jim's favorite. Jesus is just standing there looking around as Jim walks into the room. A man of few words, Jim is speechless! Together we set with Jesus in our living room and I am so excited I ask Him; "How long can you stay; Jesus? "I make killer scones, please stay for breakfast!" "I will make the guest room ready for you!" I leave to turn down the bed!

"NOW AS THEY WENT ON THEIR WAY, He entered a village and a woman named Martha received Him into her house. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to His teaching." Luke 10:38-39 Jesus visited Martha's home so often, I bet she had a room just for Him. "Six days before the Passover, jesus came to Bethany where Lazarus was , whom Jesus had raised from the dead. There they made Him a supper; Martha served and Lazarus was one of those at the table with Him. Mary took a pound of costly ointment of pure nard and anointed the feet of Jesus and whiped His feet with her hair; and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume." John 12:1-3 "WOW!" By Jane Ann Crenshaw 7/5/10

No comments: