Sunday, July 18, 2010

TOE TO TOE! 7/18/10

I KNOW YOU HAVE HEARD IT SAID hand to hand; face to face and toe to toe. But do you know what they mean? I can find hand to mouth; hand over fist; face off or face the music but not toe to toe. I know that it means close, direct confrontation or competition, etc. But where did it come from? I love checking out why we say things, don't you?

JIM GAVE ME HIS BEST THINK SO'S and until I know better; it works for me! Boxers use to box facing toe to toe. One boxer would put his foot in the middle and his opponent would touch the toe of his shoe to the extended shoe. TOE TO TOE! Then Jim explained; "this would keep the boxers in one place instead of dancing around as Joe Frazier, or any other favorites in the rings, as we see them today. Toe to toe doesn't have the same romantic ring to it as dancing cheek to cheek does, but I guess if you were a boxing fan it would be a nostalgic moment in time.

IF YOU THINK ABOUT HAND TO HAND, you automatically think of unarmed combat which is a military tactic. However, more often than not weapons are being allowed. Now face to face is my personal favorite. This one I can do! Face to face has no immediate response factor nor any physical injury. You might get your feelings hurt but most times it is just being a witness because you were there; up front and personal.

IN MORNING GLORY I try to tell you about up front and personal experiences. I also tell you stories that were related to me by those who were there. In a sense you could call me a reporter of the past. In doing what I do, my goal is to bring God's word alive in every personal and motivational way that I can. God's word covers all of what we experience today except for the ones that never entered His mind. Even so, we know what is right and wrong just by reading His word. We understand how we are to be treated and how we should treat others. We realize that our obedience is crucial to our daily lives and to obtain eternal life.

"STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVED unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 Please don't get me wrong, reading Morning Glory is for your pleasure to read, just as it is my pleasure to write. Reading God's word is not only a pleasure but priceless. It holds the truth and nothing but the truth!

"NOW THE BEREANS were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." Acts 17:11 I would have fit right in with the Bereans for I am a believer in checking the Scriptures. I love KJV to read but when I am studying, I prefer the early editions of Harper's Study Bible RSV. Everyone has their favorites and I pray they are using them not just owning them. Gathering dust is not what God intended them for!

I REALIZE I am not the preacher but I want to know; I want to be sure of what I know; I want to be ready, just in case, don't you? Right now I have four translations surrounding me and a program on my computer that has what I have and many more. I want my feet firmly planted toe to toe with God's adversaries. I want to be armed for hand to hand combat, my only weapon, God's Word! I want to have a cheerful face to face encounter with those who are seeking Jesus Christ, because I know that I could be the only Jesus they may ever meet.

SOME TIMES we are afraid to take a stand and become all that God asks us to be but as the Scriptures says; "O love the Lord, all you His godly ones! The Lord preserves the faithful and fully recompenses the proud doer. Be strong and let your heart take courage; all you who hope in the Lord." Psalms 31:23-24 Throughout the Scriptures God is saying the battle is His we only have to learn to act upon His Word! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 7/12/10

No comments: