Sunday, November 28, 2010

GRATITUDE! 11/28/10

THIS PAST Thursday, was a day that we thought about all the things, that we were grateful for! We dressed our tables with the bounty that we have become accustomed too and filled our stomachs full of all the tastes and sounds of home. This year we were especially blessed because our Adam was home with us and not in a far away place called Iraq!

THE FAMILY I grew up in and the family God has given Jim and me, have always been blessed with the presence of our Lord sitting among us. Maybe not in person but there was nothing to keep the Spirit from being there. The foods, drinks and the talk was wholesome! I remember my brother Lloyd would say in his prayers; "We ask you, to be a guest at our table this day!" I remember my brother-in-law Bud would say something similar. Today, Jim usually says; "Thank you for the blessing of this food!" Yes, our Savior was at our table!

BEING THANKFUL or appreciative comes easy to most Christians. We know where we have been and we know who we have become in Jesus Christ. Looking back, is something I have a habit of doing; Jim never feels it is necessary to look back! Every year for him, gets better and better. Looking back is part of my memory exercise. Looking back brings me not only joy but a feeling of comfort.

I DON'T KNOW about when I was a baby, but I think I have knowledge of at least 67 Thanksgiving Dinners that I have attended within my families. That is not even counting how many I have attended outside of the family. Just this year alone, I have been to 4 Thanksgiving Dinners. The faire were similar and yet different.

"ENTER HIS GATES with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him, bless His name! For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness is to all generations." Psalms 100:4-5

EACH TIME we enter His gates, or seek His face, we should come with clean hands and a pure heart; with thanksgiving on our lips. Without Him we would be nothing! "O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever!" Psalms 107:1

THERE ARE MANY scriptures that talk about God's steadfast love that endures forever. Yes, we have much to be thankful for! We have a life that is God breathed! We have a world that is far more than our minds could ever have imagined. We have a future that is designed for outer space, where many of my loved ones already are living.

"I GIVE THEE THANKS, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing thy praise. I bow down toward thy holy temple and give thanks to thy name for thy steadfast love and thy faithfulness; for thou hast exalted above everything, thy name and thy word." Psalms 138:1-2

HOW BLESSED we are! What a life God has given us! What more could we ask for? Thank you Lord for loving us so much! Thank you Lord for leaving your beautiful home in glory to walk among the sorrowful and downtrodden! Thank you, O Savior, for giving us a future and a hope within your heavenly home. Thank you Lord, for saving my soul! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 11/27/10

No comments: