Saturday, December 31, 2011

DON'T WORRY; BE HAPPY! 1/1/12

REMEMBER the big hit without instruments, but gave the listener a toe tapping calypso beat, and hit the music charts with a bang, and made Bob Marley a household name? It starts out with; “In every life we have some trouble, when you worry you make it double don’t worry, be happy don’t worry be happy, now don’t worry be happy don’t worry be happy don’t worry be happy ain’t got no place to lay your head somebody came and took your bed, don’t worry, be happy.” The words of the song all run together, but make sense!

IT CONTINUES with “cos when you worry, your face will frown, and that will bring everybody down, so don’t worry, be happy. Listen to what I say in your life expect some trouble when you worry you make it double don’t worry be happy be happy now. Put a smile on your face, don’t worry, it will soon pass whatever it is, don’t worry, be happy, I’m not worried!”

I AM A WORRIER! I first feel the warmth on my neck and slowly it creeps up until my mind feels the heat and I become anxious. I am the fire starter and Jim is always ready to put the fire out. He says; “Deal with it!” What he means is get in touch with God! However, before I can get in touch with God, I must deal with Satan. I have to yell, stomp my feet and declare my allegiance to God and then I can calm down and stand in the presence of God with clean hands!

I HAVE a tendency of putting off today what I can do tomorrow. I know many of you have been there and done that. When tomorrow comes, I wish I had already done that, but now I am faced with doing it today, that which I could have done yesterday. Knowing if I had done it yesterday, I wouldn’t have to do it today! Do you live in a bubble circle? When I don’t plan, that is where I am.

READING THROUGH THE BIBLE is usually a Christians New Years Resolution. Reading so many chapters a day is not a bad thing. But this year do it without feeling an obligation, so you can check those chapters off. Approach it instead with eagerness, excitement and anticipation because you get to do it again! Reading God’s Word can change your life and continuing to read it, keeps changing your life. One day you will wake UP and be that person God has created you to be. Not sure when that day will come, but I know it is on it’s way.

HERE WE ARE at the door of a brand new year, 2012. Who would have thought twenty years ago, that this day would ever come? But it has! Interestingly enough, we still have bills to pay and food to buy. For some, we go to work and for some we wish we had work to go to. Today we can start our tomorrow by changing our mind set by doing today what we could have left for tomorrow. That way we don’t have to worry about tomorrow. God says; “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day.” Matthew 6:34

“IN THE BEGINNING was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God!” John 1:1-2 Do you know just how profound this verse is? It is saying that God and the Word (Jesus) were together from the very beginning and that God became the Word (Jesus)!“ ”In Him (Jesus) was life and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it!” John 1:4-5 Do you know just how profound this verse is? It is saying that Jesus is the light and life of men. Jesus dispels the darkness that overshadows man. Jesus is the Word that we read. When we read it we have life and live in the light. Darkness has no power over us!

SOMETIMES we forget just what the scriptures are all about. The Word is the living and breathing soul of our Savior, Jesus Christ. When we read it and apply it to our own personal lives, we can’t help but be happy. So don’t worry, be happy now! Live every day as though it was your last and tomorrow will take care of it’s self.
By Jane Ann Crenshaw 12/29/11

No comments: