Saturday, June 30, 2012

USHERING IN A NEW ERA! 7/1/12

THE SUPREME COURT ushered in their interpretation of the United States Constitution to the chagrin of the American people. Oh it is true many are celebrating in the streets, because they have grown accustom to receiving instead of working. Again, I am not complaining but I do have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Where this country is headed is further down the broad road that is leading to destruction and farther from the “will of God!

EVEN THOUGH “Obamacare” is not to become fully in effect until 2014 it has already been showing up in many of the changes in health care; pharmaceutical prices, treatments and how long you have to wait for appointments. If it wasn’t for ER many would be dying on the streets to receive care!  Maybe that is a little strong but the sick feeling I have in the pit of my stomach, causes me to feel medically deprived.

GROWING UP poor, didn’t mean that we did not have medical emergencies. It didn’t mean that the Doctor would not make house calls. It didn’t mean that if you need hospitalization, that you would be turned down. When my sister Joyce was being born; Daddy was told to put his clothes back on and go get the Doctor. Joyce was born at home! When I hurt my leg on the jungle gym while playing on the school grounds, Mom took me to the Doctor who put me in the hospital for x-rays. I spent the night! Bruised my leg but “I spent the night!” When my Mom needed surgery on her lungs she was admitted into Harbor General which was a “state” hospital. I remember sitting in the Doctor’s office along with my younger siblings to get shots for Whooping Cough!

BEING TURNED away has never been an American motto. However, self induced medical conditions should be up to the person to pay for them. I’m talking about drugs, alcohol and other self induced conditions like pregnancies or life style diseases and/or self inflected wounds. People are fined by the Fire Dept for their having to put out grass fires or house fires that are started by negligence. Self induced is the problem of the person who has indulged in these kinds of life styles.

I PRAY for those under those conditions. I am sorry for what is happening to them and their families. I wish I could wiggle my nose and Jesus would become their Savior and their lives would be changed in an instant. The only one who can make this life, in this world, liveable is Jesus Christ. The only way to live with the dictates of our government is to be living under the wings of our Lord. He has promised us a life of peace and joy. Our government can only promise us a life of taxation!

FREEDOM? We still live in the best country in the world! We still live under the best conditions possible in the world. We still breathe in and breathe out on a daily bases. However, that does not come from the promises of our congress but because God created us with that ability. Praise God, for whom all blessings flow.

“BE SUBJECT for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to praise those who do right. For it is God’s will that by doing right you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish men. Live as free men, yet without using your freedom as a pretext for evil; but live as servants of God. Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. 1 Peter 13-17 By not taking liberties in the freedoms that God has given us, we stand apart from the world.

IF MY PEOPLE who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14 We who live in God’s freedom do pray and remember these words. But the key here is to “turn from our wicked ways, then He will hear us from heaven and will forgive us our sins and will heal our land! Oh soul who is wearied and troubled; turn from your wicked ways and seek America’s freedom from the oppressors!
By Jane Ann Crenshaw 6/28/12

1 comment:

Donald W White said...

I feel the same frustration so often, JaneAnn. I have to keep reminding myself that, though I am a proud American, I am first and foremost a citizen of the Heavenly Kingdom, and in that kingdom things are going JUST AS GOD HAS PLANNED. No one will vote Him out of office. No one will veto or strike down His laws. No one will place any term limits on Him. He's in charge. Praise God!