Saturday, January 25, 2014

HOW DO YOU FEEL? 1/26/14

SOME OF OUR favorite greetings are; “How are you?”   “How are you feeling?”    I remember as a girl my brother Lloyd had responses for “What’s new?”    “What’s up?”    And then there was “What’s the good news!?”    His response for;  What’s new, was; “York, Jersey and the 13th letter of the Greek alphabet!”   For; What’s up, was; “The moon, sun and stars!”    I loved the one, for what’s the good news.   “Do you really want me to tell you?”    I usually just by-pass Lloyd’s question, and went right to the answer; “Jesus loves you!”

FEELING’S are  a big part of who we were before Christ came into our lives, but because of our flesh, feelings still play around with our emotions.   When we think about things, our emotions become conflicted.  Instead of  allowing God’s Word to encourage our decisions, we  let our feelings direct our paths.   We ask the questions; “should I or shouldn’t I“, when we already know what the answer should be.  We play around with how we feel, instead of what we know.

OFF AND ON I question whether to continue with blogging Morning Glory, or just stop.   That question has come up again because I am feeling at a loss as to what to write about.   I leave it to the last minute more than I use to, and then I feel pressured to complete it and to get it posted.    Lately, Google wants me to assign a new password, just about every week!   I realize this is a process to protect my interests but it is a bother!   Why?   I think being computer illiterate plays with my feelings!

WHAT do you feel when I send you a reminder to click on Morning Glory or reading any devotional book you have chosen?      You don’t have to respond to that question, but let me ask you that question, this way.   What do you feel after you have decided to read through the Bible again, and it’s time to pick it up and start reading?     Do the words, “don’t feel like it today; I’m too tired; I’ll read more tomorrow;   or what did I do with my reading schedule?    Oh well, maybe next year?

SO FAR so good, in my reading through the Bible in 2014!    Of course I have only begun, but the older I get, the more God reveals to me His truths, that I have missed before.   For instance, Moses knew that he was chosen by God to lead His people, even while living in the lap of Egypt’s luxury!  I’m sure I knew that, but it didn’t make an impression until this time!   I love it!   God’s Word is amazing!

“ALL SCRIPTURE is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work!”
2 Timothy 3:16-17      We often quote Jeremiah 29:11   “For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”    This was said to the captives in Babylon.   They were to be in captivity for a long time but God’s plan was for them to return to Him when they would seek His face.   God’s plan was for their future with hope!  

GOD’S WORD brings us face to face with God and He still has a plan for the future and hope of His people.  That is the Church!   Those of us who have accepted Jesus Christ and are obedient to His commandments have been promised this future and this hope!    “Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”  Matthew 4:4    Do you get as excited as I do when I am being led by the Spirit while reading God’s Word?

THIS YEAR we are jumping around!   So far I have been in Matthew; Acts, Psalms and Genesis.   I am having a good time!    If God’s Word has the power to change a man’s heart it also has the power to lift us up with love, peace and encouragement.   “For the Word of God is living and active.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing a soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart!”  Hebrews 4:12    Amazing!

OUR PERFECTION will not come in our life time, but God has promised us a life full of His love, assurance, the peace that passes all understanding, rest for our weary souls and even comfort for our aching hearts.   However, we will never know our Lord the way He wants to be known, unless we read His letters.  It is full of stories, love and His grace!   WOW!     By Jane Ann Crenshaw 1/25/14

No comments: