Sunday, June 15, 2014

A FATHER TO REMEMBER! 6/15/14

IS THERE A difference between being a Father or a Dad? Is it a matter of the name or is it in what happens between a man and his child? When I refer to my Dad as my Father, I am saying that he is my birth Father; I am in his ima; I have his genes! When I refer to my Father as my Dad, he is the one who raised me! I look towards several of my brothers as father figures, because they were always there for me and took care of me! God was the Father of Jesus but Joseph raised Jesus. As his "legal" Father, he was his Dad. I have never really considered the difference between father and Dad but according to the dictionary a Father is a male parent; A dad is the 15th letter of the Arabic alphabet. Hummm

LET’S LOOK at some biblical fathers and see if our fathers can relate to any one of them. Enoch was a Father; and he was also the Dad and taught his children about God! Noah was a Father, and he was also a Dad and encouraged his sons to help build the Ark! Abraham was a Father, and he played with his children and they loved him as a Dad! King David was a Father, but had trouble with his children - kings are sometimes aloof. Hard to be a Dad when you are aloof, he shed many a tear over his children! Joseph was a legal Father. Jesus was his step-son! And he was a Dad! He allowed Jesus in his shop and taught him to be a carpenter. He taught Him in the ways of God. Jesus knew the scriptures because He was taught my Joseph. God is the epitome of Fatherhood! His relationship with Jesus was so full that Jesus could do nothing else, but live for Him.

WE ARE GOD’S adopted children; we are brothers and sisters of Jesus through adoption! This makes God our Dad? He loves us as His own! He cares for us and hurts, when we hurt. He says; "Come unto me!" Jesus says; I am your friend - No matter how we want to look at it, Jesus is our Savior and friend, and God is our heavenly Father

a. Psalms 68:5 "A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, is God in His holy habitation." God has chosen to love us, as His children!
b. Psalms 103:13 "Just as a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him!" We should love, honor and obey our earthly fathers; God we should fear with love, honor and obedience!
c. Proverbs 10:1 "A wise son makes a father glad, but a foolish son is a grief to his mother." Knowing the difference between a wise and foolish son is good!
d. Proverbs 17:21 "He who fathers a fool does so to his sorrow. And the father of a fool has no joy!" A disobedient child, is a worldly child - pray for them!
e. Isaiah 64:8 "But now, O Lord, You are our Father. We are the clay, and you our potter; and all of us are the work of your hand." Mankind was created by God, therefore we must submit to Him, so He can finish His work, in us!
f. Matthew 7:21 "Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven."   God knows our hearts, therefore we cannot fool Him; because He is no fool!
g. Matthew 10:37 "He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."   Loving, honoring and obeying our parents is the will of the Father. Doing this is  God’s will; this shows we love the Father more, when we are in His will.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to all you Fathers who have allow God to change you into the kind of Dad that is needed in this world. Loving your children; teaching them about God the Father and Jesus, His Son! Teaching them to observe all things that are of God! Enjoy your day and Praise the Lord for your children! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 6/15/14

No comments: