Sunday, June 8, 2014

HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON! 6/8/14

I REALIZE as I get older my mind wanders back to a time before husband, children, in-laws, employment and even retirement. I had a whole different life! For me it was a good life! For me I was happy and full of promise of what was to come. I have pictures on my walls and cards in albums; I have trinkets and do dads to cause my mind to go back to another time full of people that I loved. Today I have a computer that has e-mail! Yes; "I get mail!" When it works it is very good, but when it has problems boy do I get frustrated!

SOME YEARS back a dear friend from my youth sent me an email. He too liked to wander back into time and remember. His email began; "Dear Junior Church friends from long ago." Believe me when he said long ago he meant it. He was in his early 70's! He goes on with the following; "We use to sing songs from the small "Victory" spiral song book. Iona Kay, or sometimes her mother would accompany us on the piano. Bashful Jane Ann would sometimes lead our song service. We were taught at that young tender age by our talented minister and his wife on how to lead songs properly. What a Bible and Christian education we had. We use to have Bible quiz’s and Bible drills where the first one to find the scripture would stand up and read it. What fun to be the first one to find it! I still carry my Bible most every Sunday and follow most all scripture readings. I do not have to be told how to find them. This also reminds me of Junior High; High School; Friday night rallies; Sunday night sings, especially the Compton Sings; the Mid winter and Spring conferences; and summer camps."

I HAVE to agree with Wayne, that our youth was an amazing time! Not quite the same today! To many choices out there for kids, teenagers and young adults. Because our world says so many things are okay, even though they are contrary to God’s Word, trouble becomes second nature to them. If it is not against the law, then it must be okay! If others don’t turn their noses up regarding these abominations, as they are called in God’s Word, then it must be okay, because our culture has changed.

MY HEART aches for our youth that are searching for answers and find them in all the wrong places. Churches are more and more dropping the idea of having Sunday School that teaches our young people about God, His Son and how to live for Him. Instead they offer things that don’t include babies; toddlers, pre-Schoolers, primary age and so on. The seekers are the ones we must teach so that they can teach. "And they were bringing children to Him, that He might touch them; and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it He was indignant, and said to them, "Let the children come to me, do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God." Mark 10:13-14

GOD CALLS young and old, His children! Jesus continued saying; "Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it. And He took them in His arms and blessed them, laying His hands upon them." Mark 10:15-16 I thank the Lord everyday for the church that took five kids under their wings with love and nurtured them by teaching them about Jesus and His Father, showed us His Word and taught us to walk in His ways. Were we good at it? No! Are we still trying? Yes! Will we ever succeed? Succeed is a measure we may never meet here, but God has promised us that the day is coming!

WHEN THE CHURCH began on that day called Pentecost, God had all of us in mind!  Many believe that much is wasted on the youth. Depends upon who’s pew you are sitting in. God is faithful and as long as we remain standing on His promises, there is a place for all of us.   Keep the fire lit and fan the flames, Jesus is coming again! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 6/7/14

No comments: