Sunday, March 7, 2010

GREATEST MOMENTS! 3/7/10

As always, when I begin a new thought I ask Jim a few questions. This morning I asked him what was his greatest moment. He began with a question; "Like, when I was playing ball or what?" I said; "Your greatest moment up to now!" He quickly responded with; "When you said yes!" That surprised me, but thrilled me at the same time. What would you say is your greatest moment up to now?

I have had so many great moments in my life that to specify one, I have to think about it. I could say when I got my first job; when I finally got a driver's license and a car; when I dicovered someone loved me and wanted to marry me; when we became home owners for the first time. However, it was when I gave birth to Danny and then Jennifer. Becoming a mother, filled my heart and my life with so much pleasure it has to have been two of my greatest moments. But then I think, heaven could be my greatest moment; and yours!

I use to go to the movies. I use to watch the Academy Awards. I have heard many recipients of this prestigious honor say; "This is my greatest moment of all time." I can't imagaine how pretending to be someone else by portraying the realities of life in a wicked and perverse world could bring about these moments of desired accolades. However it is their life work and these awards declare their worth as actors.

I know of a man that holds the record of great moments. The world is still holding onto their vote but it doesn't matter because He has had so many great moments in the lives of those that know Him, that the world and their achievements pale in comparison. His brith was so profound that a multitude of Angels came to announce it. He confounded the Priests in the temple when He was only twelve. When He wasn't even ready, He turned water into wine. Compared to us these were great moments and yet not His greatest.

He became involved with all walks of life during a miraculous journey of such magnitude that caused the blind to see; the lame to walk; the leper to become clean; the dumb to speak and the demons to flee. He fed large crowds with just a prayer of thanks; calmed the sea and a raging storm by bringing the wind under control. Defied gravity and walked on water! You and I would consider these to be great moments; He considered them only a beginning

In the beginning His band of followers started with the twelve, and how they grew. They spread throughout the world but not until they witnessed His greatest moment. "And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it and He sat upon it. And many spread their garments on the road and others spread leafy branches which they had cut from the fields. They cried out; Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!" Mark 11:7-9 What a great moment, a celebration, the people loved Him! Jesus didn't consider this great; He cried!

"So they took Jesus and He went out bearing His own cross, to the place called the place of a skull, which is called in Hebrew; Golgotha. There they crucified Him!" John 19:17-18a A death with thieves; a shameful end! Was there anything great about this? This moment was great because it fulfilled the requirement and the statement made by John the Baptist; "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29b But was this His greatest?

My heart cries and sings at the same time when I read; "And the angel said to them, "Do not be amazed; you seek Jesus of Nazareth who was crucified. He has risen, He is not here; see the place where they laid him." Mark 16:6 Could this be His greatest moment? "So then the Lord Jesus, after He had spoken to them was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God." Mark 19:19 Returning to His Father, with His earthly work completed; could this be His finest hour; His greatest moment? What do you think? By Jane Ann Crenshaw 3/5/10

1 comment:

elandreth said...

This is beautiful Jane Ann.