Sunday, October 2, 2011

QUEEN OF EVERYTHING! 10/2/11

AT ONE POINT, in my working career, someone had put a screen saver on my computer that said; “Queen of Everything!” I can’t remember why and I can’t remember who, but at that point in time, I am sure I believed I was, Queen of everything! You know, the one that is invincible, that has the power to draw attention and even convince others that you know what you are talking about.

TODAY, I am in touch more with reality than I am with an imaginary friend. I was reminded of this the other day when Jim said, in a nice way; “I was queen of everything.” My memory has become so untrustworthy, that I can’t remember why he even said that; neither does he! But, my mind went back to that time and the screen saver on my computer.

TODAY, I know who I am and where I am headed and it is not being invincible, nor powerful or able to convince others that I know everything there is to know about God’s Word. But I am persuaded that He is able to perfect, even me in all of my insecurities, to become all that He has created me to be. And God can do the same for you! “God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:9

GOD HAS MADE provision for the Church by giving us a fellowship through all who have accepted His call to salvation. A support group of great magnitude. Often I have suggested to those who call me to pray for them, that they need to call the Pastor or the Elders. Yet, on many occasion, the Holy Spirit gives me the words and the compassion to become the support at that time. God has given each one of us the ability to be listeners. But being a listener does not make us, a king or queen of anything!

I HAVE GREAT ADMIRATION for those who become pastors of a church. A shepherd of the flock. The listener and confidant of those in need! It is not easy for them to hear the heartache of their fellow Christians and friends. It is not easy knowing their heartaches, because they know, these heartaches, will become theirs. When you have reached a point in your walk with Jesus, that others seek you out for comfort, consultation and fellowship, you realize, that to be used of God in this way, becomes embedded in your mystic, your spiritual life. Your spiritual life becomes known to others through the Holy Spirit.

FOR MANY YEARS now, I have been called by some, when they needed to be lifted up or encouraged. I have listened to their stories, felt compassion, and believe me, I am never left untouched. Their name and their concern goes on my list of those I need to remember in prayer. And my prayer always is; “God help me to remember!”

BE CAREFUL when you counsel! “For what person knows a man’s thoughts except the spirit of the man which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:11 We must be walking with God ourselves if we expect to bring another to walk along side us; in fellowship with God! We cannot know the heart of man, only God knows this, but their intentions can be revealed to us.

“THIS is how one should regard us; as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy.” 1 Corinthians 4:1-2 “Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. If any one imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know. But if one loves God, one is known by Him.” 1 Corinthians 8:1b-3 Take care that you hold yourself accountable to the one who shares with you and with God. Let us love one another and hold true to the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ; for He is faithful to us! Paul says that we have no grounds for boasting! “Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.” 1 Corinthians 10:24
by Jane Ann Crenshaw 9-30-11

No comments: