Sunday, August 15, 2010

ALL IS WELL! 8/15/10

REMEMBER the story of the Shunammite woman? I have loved reading this story along with teaching it to children and to women. I especially love the part when after her son dies and she goes to her husband and says; "Send me one of the servants and one of the donkeys that I may quickly go to the man of God and come back again." 2 Kings 4:22 Her husband was a little puzzled because there was no reason for her to go to the man of God. He asks her; "Why will you go to him today? She replies; "It will be well." 2 Kings 4:23-24

HER HUSBAND listens to her request, and her response to him, then quickly calls a servant and off she goes. It is always nice when our husbands listens to our sudden requests and knows us well enough that their response is positive, isn't it! When she is still in a distance from Elijah the servant comes to her and asks; "Is it well with you? Is it well with your husband? Is it well with the child?" And she answered, "It is well."

IT IS WELL is one of my favorite lines in this story. It is well! This morning I can say that it is well with Jim. I have been playing nurse and have paid close attention to my instructions and for the most part Jim is listening and doing what I ask. He takes his blood pressure, checks his sugar, lets me check the pulse in his right foot but ignores me when I say so shower.

TOMORROW we will know if Jim is good to go in continuing his recovery mode. I know that the Shunammite woman was anxious about her son but calm because her trust was in God. We all know these feelings and we all have felt these moments of anxiety. Let us recite together; But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be yours as well. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day."

GOD IS talking about our life; food, drink and our bodies in general. Moment by moment; hour by hour; day by day should be our cry when we are faced with our frailness and mortality. There is no reason to cling to this life because heaven awaits. However, tomorrow can always be a glorious day! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 8/15/10

1 comment:

elandreth said...

Oh that we could take that to heart--Let the days own troubles be sufficient for the day. We borrow sorrow from tomorrow to the extent that we spoil the pleasure of today.