Saturday, August 21, 2010

SIMPLY AMERICAN! 8/21/10

WHEN I WAS in school one of the first things I learned about America is that it was a melting pot. A metaphor for a society of different nationalitites melting together into a harmonious common culture. It was used to describe the assimilation of immigrants to the United States. I understood that this concept was originally coined in the 1780's as a fusion of different nationalities, and culture blended into one flavor. Americans!

IT USE TO BE that when a foreigner came to America they learned the language and the culture; studied history, government etc and then became an American Citizen. They gave up the old ways of their country so they could be free to live and prosper. Not a bad concept!

TODAY, we fight over whether to speak English or retain their own language. They set up street names, after the country they came from, so they can retain a little bit of home. The Indian's born in this land declare themselves as "native Americans" which sets them apart. The colored people want to be called African Americans because it gives them a place in the sun as a special group of people. It seems that everyone who has some strong ties whether blood or appearance want to keep that as their identity. I suppose that is a natural feeling. I suppose if I had been born elsewhere I would want a little bit of that in me.

I WAS BORN in America! Through the years, when filling out papers, and it asks for my color or creed I just write; American, Christian. I have no other names! Why can't the rest of the people see that simply being an American sets them apart. Of course it comes with the bad but mostly, the good! History has been written, but why do we want to wade around in the whys and wherefores instead of enjoying what America has to offer.

BEING AN AMERICAN says that you live in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root is found in the Declaration of Independence. Being an American says we are generous. When there is a need somewhere in the world, we are there! On the Statue of Liberty it gives a call to all who are tired and poor, the humble masses yearning to be free. I suppose in our prosperity comes the takers, and not as many who are willing to give as well as take.

WHEN JESUS began His ministry, it was said; "Can anything good come out of Nazareth!" He was a stranger in His own land but He moved powerfully and deliberately. He was bringing life into the world. When America came into the world, it brought life with it because it was founded on Godly principles and ideals. Not everyone who came had those intentions but America thrived because of the hand of God.

THERE IS A anti Christian movement, that is setting out to destroy the armour that the Christians wear. I for one am not going to buckle under, nor am I going to faint. Since God has given me Morning Glory, I think I will use it in whatever way He lays out before me. I could care less if they put a mosque in New York. But I do care if it is to take the place of my God.

AS THE PEOPLE sacrificed their babies and children to the stone gods of Molech and Baal, God said; "I never commanded it, and it never entered my mind!" Jeremiah 7:31 God didn't know then that people would do such a thing as he mentions it two more times in Jeremiah. He destroys that piece of ground and turns it into the lake of fire as noted in Revelation 20:15, to which all those who reject Christ and His commandments, will ultimately be consigned.

INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH there are some who strap bombs on their children and send them out to bomb buildings, cars, bridges and in killing, call it a sacrifice for their cause. I think God is still shaking His head and saying; "I never commanded it, and it never entered my mind!"

"WHO IS THE LIAR but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist!" 1 John 2:22a The mosque belongs to the Anti Christ! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 8/17/10

No comments: