Wednesday, February 18, 2009

IN CIRCUMSTANCES, CHOOSE LIFE!
My brother Lloyd was 16
when he suffered a stroke. At the time it appeared to the Doctors that Lloyd was a victim of Infantile Paralysis which was the disease of the time. He spent many years in therapy and even the ‘iron lung’. Eventually Lloyd was able to walk with a cane because his right side didn’t fully recover. His speech was never affected! Lloyd no longer attended school but became Mom’s very own babysitter or in today’s language, our Nanny.

Nothing was wrong with Lloyds brain process. He remembered most things he read about and was aware of what was going on in the world, with the church and home. Nothing got past him! Jim and I were engaged to be married the end of January. Jim experienced his first Christmas with my family the month before. He brought his gift for me, into the house and placed it under the tree. It was in two separate boxes. Lloyd said’ "What did you get her? A four track stereophonic tape recorder!" How did he Know?

Lloyd held a job and worked for many hears. When his muscles and tendons began to deteriorate, he became less active. However, he kept his mind active by learning a new word a day and he would use it frequently. I believe he liked showing off! He was always giving me new verbal ammunition to use! I guess I like showing off too!

Lloyd fell in love and I believe she cared for him, but the situation, although was sweet, was not practical for her. Lloyd never loved again but he always appreciated the fair sex.
"I appeal to you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." Romans 12:1.

There is another young man that uses a mobile wheelchair and travels from his foster home to the closest, friendly bar as often as he can. His beer is the most important thing to him!. I pray for him to find the Lord so that he could find contentment in his condition.

Whatever condition we find ourselves in, we must consider the cost. Keep yourself pure, kind and loving. Sometimes showing bitterness is normal but most of the time we must find peace within ourselves and contentment. "Not that I complain of want; for I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content." Philippians 4:11.

Many people who have either been afflicted through disease, by accidents or through a lose of a loved one can make a difference whether they remain single or marry. "I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me’. Galatians 2:20
Most of us know someone who has never married or is single through circumstances. The Bible teaches that a happy and meaningful life begins with God. A fulfilling life is being what and where God wants you to be. It means acceptance of self and circumstances. Where are you in your walk? Jane Ann

No comments: