Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TAP INTO OUR COMMON SENSE!
It amazes me
that our world allows decisions to be made to placate the whims of those not
wanting to face a situation because of how it may look to others. I believe this is one of those places where God says; "It never entered my mind!"

There are many birth control methods on the market. Some like the IUD, or the morning after pill, which aborts the fertilized egg. The pill, patch, the catchers mitt, micro chips under the skin, condoms and probably more, that I haven’t even heard of, prevent you from becoming pregnant.. If you look at some of these realistically they are in the same category as an abortion. Remember what God did to Tamar’s second husband for spilling his semen on the ground. It cost him his life! The Catholic Church, for years has prescribed to abstain during the woman’s ovulation period so she would not become pregnant. Abstinence, the true method of birth control.

When I was young and first married the Doctor told me I wouldn’t get pregnant the first three days after my period ended. After I had my babies he prescribed a pill....I tried it but couldn’t take them. Lost control of my fingers - couldn’t hold objects in my hands. So he prescribed the IUD. This is a coil that is wrapped around the wall of the uterus so that the fertilized egg has no place to land. I used that for a few years but didn’t want to go in often enough to have it changed so I discontinued that. Years later, Jim and I realized that we had been aborting possible babies. Ignorance is no excuse for aborting babies!

Last October, Faye was in a stage production at the Ross Ragland Theater. It was called "Quilters". It was done very well! One scene is a woman who does not want another baby. It would be her 12th and her last one laid her up for two months afterwards. As the women stand around her telling about all the babies they gave birth to, the Doctor is telling her that there was nothing he could do. You wonder why so many women of long ago had such large families!

My mother used to tell me that she used everything in the book to keep from getting pregnant, which made me wonder what books she was reading. She had 14 single births and 5 miscarriages. After the sixth child the Doctor told her she should not have anymore because it was possible she would die. I don’t know what I would have done without all of my siblings. Each one was unique and brought much love and pleasure to me. I could not imagine my life without them. I know that most of Mom’s pregnancies were a surprise. I heard her say once that if she lost one, she knew the Lord would give her another. However, when she was old that was not possible. I think my mother knew in her heart she needed each child when she discovered that another baby was on it’s way. You wonder why today some women have so many children when there is so many things on the market to keep them from getting pregnant. Perhaps it is because they are aware that it is not God’s plan that we abort our pregnancies. In Genesis 1:27-28 God says; "be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it."

As the result of Eve’s sin, we find in Genesis 3:16, God tells Eve that her sorrow will be multiplied and she would conceive in sorrow and have pain in childbirth as a penalty and also women would desire their husbands in spite of it. Usually we only remember the pain in childbirth and skip over conceiving in sorrow and the desire. What do you suppose it means to conceive in sorrow? Could that be because of rape, incest, promiscuity or having to many babies? Which do you think is more blessed by God? The ones who take preventive measures or the ones that don’t? In Luke 11:27-28, Christ states that giving birth does not make mothers more blessed. Those who are more blessed are those who know the Lord and do His will. Common Sense needs to play a role in possible conception. When conception is by force we still need to use our common sense. Mistakes and/or crimes are not the fault of the child! Jane Ann

No comments: