Wednesday, October 21, 2009

HOLY LAND REVISITED - Home

In Portland on March 24th we went thru customs without any problems. When it came time to check in for departure from Portland to Klamath Falls we again were filled with anxiety and frustration. Portland was the only airport to scan our luggage in one of those big xray machines. Later we discovered some of our film had been destroyed through that process. Portland was the only airport to search only me. This time a man with his trusty little body scanner checked me all over including my shoes. I realized he had a job to do but by this time I just wanted to be home and he was delaying me. I was a woman in motion and also one that has always been quick to burst into flames. We boarded an Horizon airplane seating 32 people and it bugged me still that I had to be searched. me, a 64 year old Grandmother of three was the only one chosen to be searched by a man before getting onto a 32 passenger flight out of a major airport in America that was transporting me to a little airport in Klamath Falls. Me! Why!

However, the best was to come! Arriving in Klamath Falls we were greeted by the most loveliest sight in the world. My #3 Grandson, Jordan; My Daughter, Jennifer and my Son, Danny! "Praise the Lord!" Walking into our home we were greeted by our Daughter-in-law, Faye; our #1 and #2 Grandsons, Adam and Ryan. We were greeted by the wonderful odors of a beautifully prepared home cooked meal where we sat down together as a family. Life couldn't get any better than this. "Praise the Lord!"

Returning home safely gave us the assurance that God was with us all the way. From the beginning of our trip from Klamath Falls to Portland; to the end of our trip from Portland to Klamath Falls. Being home gave us gladness of heart! Not only were we blessed to make this trip of a life time, but we were blessed to return home to a country full of the freedoms we have enjoyed and also the peace that passes all understanding that was with us every step of the way.

I love the letters of Paul. They are down to earth and easy for me to relate to in my life. "Brethren, join in imitating me, and mark those who so live, as you have an example in us. For many of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, their god is the belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. But our commonwealth is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will change our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power which enables Him even to subject all things to Himself." Phillippians 3:17-21

These many years after our trip in 2002, we find our country turning a corner and leaving God in the dust. But because we live here, it doesn't mean that we are one of those. Living in America is still the greatest country on earth. God does not just live in me; He lives in you and you and you. We will make the difference! We will let our lights shine! We can show the world that with Christ in us, we can do all things, because He gives us the strength, the will, the power and His glory.

Having walked through the past where Jesus walked gave us an understanding why He came. He came to show us the Father! His Father! Our Father! He came to help us understand that we can survive this time in our country. We can survive the radicals because He did! "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse in order that I may gain Christ. That I may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own, based on law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith." Phillippians 3:8-9 Wow! Let's not forget who our Savior is! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 9/29/09

No comments: