Sunday, September 19, 2010

INTIMATE RELATIONSHIPS! 9/19/10

I HAVE DISCOVERED through my many years that there are many kinds of intimate relationships. Yesterday afternoon Jim and I were sitting on the front porch; as always, enjoying just being together. Our attention was interrupted with the loud urgency in the chirping of a Blue Jay or Scrub Jays as they are called here. He was obviously anxious about something, while perched in our small young tree. Across the street we saw another bird of the same stature, yet smaller. Could this be a mating call?

AT ONE POINT they both were perched in our other small young tree. He was far more beautiful with his blue coat, than she was; but she was also beautiful in her own right, although her coloring was more of a gray blue. Together they flew away, oblivious of the onlookers! What a treat for us but how exciting for these two love birds.

HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED young love? Have you ever pondered the idea of an intimate relationship? Have you or are you enjoying an intimate relationship that fills your whole being with joy and happiness? When you and the one you have intimacy with are separated, do you feel free or do you feel a little bit at a loss?

I USE TO HAVE crushes on the boys. Most of the time I would not share that information with anyone. Now that I am old and happy with my own intimate relationship I can confess my crushes. I can talk about those moments of unfulfilled passions in the secret places of my heart. However, even in my dreams I never imagined the place I could be, in a intimate relationship.

WHO DO YOU know, that you can feel intimate with? Your husband or wife; your children and grandchildren; how about your close friends? Remember the story of Job? He remembers the days of his youth and his Autumn days; "when the intimate friendship of God was upon my house!" Job 29:4b Can you say that your relationship with God is or has ever been intimate?

GOD CREATED us to have a hunger for a relationship with Him. Without God's presence in our lives we are left searching and desperately seeking a purpose for our mere existence. With God we not only feel the love and intimacy of fellowship and friendship, but "when we take delight in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 37:4

TO HAVE INTIMACY we need visual, verbal and a personal relationship. God wants us to know Him! He already knows us; He created our being and gave us life. Did you know that God knows all your secrets? Did you know that God has loved you from the beginning? Are you aware that His Son gave His earthly life up for you? Can you give your life to Him!

THE FIRST KEY to an intimate relationship with God is prayer. The second is to study His word so that you can know Him. The third is to recognize Him through His creation. "Ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature, namely, His eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made." Romans 1:20

HAVING A PERSONAL intimate relationship with God is nothing short of a miracle. Paul tells us at the end of verse 20; "So they are without excuse!" My relationship with God is just as real and intimate as my relationship with Jim. Jim walks with me and holds my hand! God walks with me and holds my hand! My heart is in Jim's hand and he knows it! God holds Jim's and my heart in one of His hands, because we are one.

RELATIONSHIPS can be good or bad. When we seek God and allow Him to change us we are on holy ground. We are made perfect in Jesus Christ because we can do nothing on our own. "The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear Him and He makes known to them His will." Psalms 25:14 Oh how He loves you and me! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 9/17/10

1 comment:

elandreth said...

You and I are especially blessed with great spouses and a great relationship with God and his son Jesus Christ. Who could ask for anything more?