Wednesday, December 3, 2008

IN CREATION WE FIND GOD! 12/3/08

One of our readers has walked through some difficult days. His response to the question 'can you picture finding shelter under His wings'? Is yes! "He could picture it all and says; "What a gift"! Make no mistake, God is watching over us!
I remember seeing a documentary years ago about a tumble weed. As Jim ate his pop
corn I became so engrossed in the story that I even began to squirm in my seat as the wind blew this little tumble weed into the oncoming traffic and into possible danger. You can tell how I was affected just by the way I described a scene. I understand why children become so caught up in animated stories and why adults love the computerized games that they play with their fingers. We become involved in the story so much that it almost becomes real. The cartoon, or the thing becomes so life like that we feel their joy, their pain and even their excitement.
However, we do live in the real world! Playing with paper dolls as we did years ago or even playing with GI Joe and Barbie are games. It is make believe! It is not real! Sometimes as we watch the birds around the bird feeder on our patio, it is almost like watching a make believe, animated video. But these birds are real! They are just like us as we watch them but conversely it’s their world and they are watching us. Their world is different in that they migrate from one part of the country to another depending upon the seasons. We usually stay put! I think perhaps it is safer staying put than flitting from here and there because trouble can lurk in some of the most unusual places.
Early one Saturday morning I was sitting in my recliner and Scotty, the cat, was laying on the floor beside me. All of a sudden we heard a semi loud thud inside the fireplace chimney wall. Scotty ran to the fireplace to see better and I was in a panic because I could hear the flapping of wings and knew that a bird had fallen down the chimney. Thankfully it was not the season for a fire but then we seldom ever have a fire. I hollered for Jim and we ponder our next move. Obviously it was our move because the bird couldn’t seem to find it’s way out even after Jim opened the damper. I called the chimney sweep! They couldn’t come out until Monday at noon! What were we to do? We waited and intermittently we could hear the flapping of wings! We told our story to our church family the next day and everyone had a solution. Only one became a consideration! But I didn’t try it until Monday morning. I placed a lamp just inside the fireplace and turned it on. It didn’t take long! As soon as our visitor saw the light he went towards it and fell through the damper! We quickly rigged a path towards the sliding doors onto the patio. Jim helped him along and he was outside! Jim followed so he could give him some water. As I stood there watching in awe, the water coming on frightened him and he took off into the air as though he had just stopped for a chat and was now on his way. Full power! I cried!
I had prayed every since it happen that God would free this little bird. I knew God was concerned because in Luke 12:6 it says that He knows even when the sparrow falls.
Our God is the God of creation! In Genesis 1:21-23 God filled the waters with living creatures and the air with every winged bird. Genesis 1:24-27 God let the earth bring forth living creatures. Those that creep and the beasts after their own kind. On that same day he created man and said that they would rule over all that moved on the earth. In Genesis 7:13-16 Noah and his family entered the Ark of salvation along with every kind of living breathing flesh after its kind as God had commanded him, male and female. Yes, God even tells Job in 38:39-41 how He sees that the Lion is fed, along with the raven as their young cry to Him and wander about without food. I believe for our amusement and amazement God said in Luke 19:40; "I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out". Even the inanimate is under God’s control as well as the animate. Why shouldn’t God be able to breath life into the stones? He did it with dust! We cannot impede the Creator! Jane Ann

1 comment:

Carrie Wheeler said...

I love reading Morning Glory. This is a good way to start my day. With mom gone,I don't hear to many stories of family and things. I miss her. We had a Great Thanks Giving here. We had twenty one Loved ones in my small house.I loved it. What a Blessing. Everyone said what they were thankful for then Clint finished it like Prayer Amen.It was nice. Love Carrie Lynn.