Monday, December 7, 2009

SAINTS OF CHRISTIAN HALLS! Betty L.

Betty L. is one of those most unforgettable character's I have ever met. So talented, friendly and down to earth. She also was sensitive, with a strong desire to share God's love through music. When she was criticized or not taken seriously, she could be offended. I found we had a lot in common. It is funny how people won't hesitate to complain about what you are doing, especially when it is music that they don't particularly like. This past year I tracked Betty down and called her, then I followed up my call with a letter.

5/20/09 What a joy talking with you yesterday. I find that as I have gotten older I love looking back at all the wonderful people that have crossed my path. you, of course, were one of the great ones! When I am writing one of my devotions I tell a story from my past or about someone who made a difference in my life. I always bring the memory or thought to a close with God's word and how it can be applied to our everyday lives. I wish you could read some of them and know that you are there amongst my memories.

I was sorry to hear about your Jerry. He was such a kind and gentle man, just like my Jim is. The world can never experience the kind of marriage we have known, because they can't know the kind of men we have known. God has truly blessed you!

I was also happy to hear that you are still singing. I can only assume that the piano hasn't gathered any dust either. You always thrilled me with your talent and how willing you were to lift up and encourage others just by your sitting at the keyboard and leading in song. How your talent shown! I am happy to think that God is still using you in such a marvelous way.

We didn't get around to your telling me about your family. How is your daughter! I can see her, very vividly in my minds eye and remember she came to work at the title company during the time I was still working there. Jim and I retired 2001 and moved to Klamath Falls to watch the grand kids grow up. I am still adjusting to the extreme seasons because 10 degrees is a lot when you are me. However, Jim and Jennifer have settled in real well and of course Dan and Faye wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I am not a letter writer but would like to keep in touch. Take care and again, it is such a joy to have talked with you again....Love calling you my friend! Jane Ann

I will write to Betty again and since I didn't hear back from her I probably assume too many things. However, if she could, she would have answered me. If she was up to it, she would have called me and we would have talked again. But this is one of those times when I just keep writing off and on to lift her up and encourage her. It thrills me to think she is stilling singing and I pray she is still playing that piano. With Betty, the two went hand in hand.

God brings people into your life and it is up to you to cherish them or not. I choose to cherish them! I choose to think they like me too! "With God all things are possible;" We can move mountains if we have "the faith of a mustard see;" I trust that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." God says; "He is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:9 We are to reach out; lift up; weep with those who weep and laugh with those who laugh. We are one in the Spirit; we are one in the Lord!

Many times I hear; "Well, you have a phone!" Many times I hear; "is your arm broken?" When all the time those who are saying these htings are actually saying; "I don't want to be bothered!' It is no bother for me to life up and encourage the Saints. When I think of what the Savior did for me, I set my hand to the task before me with pleasure and diligence. His love sets me free! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 12/2/09

No comments: