Friday, June 26, 2009

WE ARE MANY BUT WORK AS ONE!
The world is made up of different colors, ethnic groups, life styles and even languages. It is understandable that they don't get along. The church is made up of one body! The head is the same and never changes! However, the body, because it lives in the world, wants to use the same methods of disciplines, requirements and performance as sought after in the world. Sometimes it is easy to think we are still a part of the world because we live in it. But in fact, we are not of the world! Why don't we get along? We are suppose to, you know!

Growing up, I thought there was no better place than being in Sunday School, Church or the Youth Groups. Going to a Sunday Night Sing at a neighboring church was an added bonus. A fifth Sunday Rally was just frosting on the cake. Pot lucks, programs, the Sunday Night Long Song Service, where we could choose our favorites was something to look forward to.

Since I have grown up I have discovered the nitpicking, criticisms and all out war that has become a part of the body. I don't always agree with how some things are done like decorations, how the furniture is placed, how the communion meditation is said, but none of those things are as much for me as it is for the Lord. My attitude and my appreciation, not to mention how my love is evident, is what God is looking for in me. The Lord is not waiting for my likes and dislikes, He is waiting for my adoration and willingness to be a part of His body.

I know most of you have heard; "Don't bite the hand that feeds you!" Do you know what it means? To give its full meaning; "Don't repay kindness with wrong doing!" When we turn against, criticize, talk about or even fight against those who volunteer to encourage the church to grow, we are biting the hand that feeds us. We turn against ourselves, our friends, our families! In the long run, we may regret our actions, because the hand you are biting is our Lord Jesus Christ!

"An argument arose among them as to which of them was the greatest." Luke 9:46 When Jesus heard this He merely took a child and said; "Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives Him who sent me; for He who is least among you all is the one who is great." Luke 9:48 Where do you stand in this hall of humility?

Remember the story of David, the shepherd boy? In 1 Samuel Chapter 17, we find David arriving at the battle in the valley of Elah where King Saul and his men were fighting the Philistines. David questions why they have allowed this Giant to make fun of them? Why doesn't someone go and fight him? Not even King Saul, the king above all kings would go up against the giant Goliath. David decides that he could do it! David tells the king how the Lord had saved him from the lions and bears, and He will save him from this Philistine.

David confronts the giant Goliath and says; "You come to me with a sword, spear and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Hosts and the God of the armies of Israel." Before he slays the giant, he says; "So that all may know that the Lord saves not with sword and spear, for the battle is the Lord's and He will give you into our hand."

God grows the church not you and me! God level's the playing field, not you and me! When God calls, He uses who He wills, not you and me! We may fight amongst ourselves and hurt one another, but God says; "Love one another, encourage one another, humble yourselves in His sight." How true or false are you in your worship? God says to those who were fasting; "Behold, you fast only to quarrel and to fight and to hit with wicked fist. Fasting like yours this day will not make your voice to be heard on high." Isaiah 58:4 If we stop these ways and doing these things; "Then you shall call and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, here I am." Isaiah 58:9 Jane Ann

No comments: