Monday, June 1, 2009

THE BIRDS AND THE BEE'S! 6/1/09

This week our subject use to be hush hush, however, today anything goes. It is subject that even in the Christian world we don't want to discuss, but it is a subject that needs to be considered.
THE BIRDS AND THE BEE’S
Today
it is called "sex education" and by the School Board authority, you receive it in school. When I was 10, it was no longer, more than I needed to know. When I told my Mom of the issue I was experiencing, she handed me a little book called "The Birds and the Bee’s" along with some other things, with instructions on how to use them. She told me to read the book thoroughly! I read the first few pages which was all about the habits of birds and how bee’s got the nectar/pollen from one plant and deposited it into another. I was soon bored, but I told Mom I read it!

Sometimes I would go with my friend to her grandparents house in Redlands and play amongst the orchards. I told her what had happened to me and she said it hasn’t happened to her but she knew all about it. After all, her Dad was the preacher and he knew everything and had talked to her about it. I didn’t have to coax her, because she was more than willing to share what she knew. Some of what she told me, I already suspected, but now, I had the facts, Now I understood, or I thought I did. But then, I was very young and naive!

As I grew older we had a class where the boys were separated from the girls and both classes were given instructions on the development of our bodies which took us through awareness and puberty. Now, that was an eye opener! All of the girls and boys went around for a few days after that whispering to each other about our new found identities and information.

My brother Lloyd always said that I lived in my own little world and most things just went over my head at the speed of lightning. When I got married, I finally understood what he meant. However, I married a man who knew a lot more than me, but not as much as he thought he did. We learned together and what a blessing that was and has been throughout our marriage. We have no comparable’s, except each other. He is the most patient of men and has always been wonderful to me. Experience is not always the best teacher! It depends upon what you need experience for. Many life situations require some experience. Being a virgin was considered ideal for girls only. I suggest that being a virgin for the young woman and man is the ideal. I believe that every young girl deserves a chaste man as well as he deserves a chaste woman.

I have often wondered why Mary, the mother of Jesus, was dressed in blue. I saw a movie once that told about it and decided that was as good an answer as any. In Judaism during biblical times blue was considered pure and was worn to show virginity in young girls. That makes it sound like they wore a badge of sorts. Today, in our world, it is no longer a disgrace to be sexually active but looked upon as normal. No wonder marriages don’t last and love is a word to describe desire. To love means far more than that! No wonder there is so much unhappiness!

"Fornication and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is fitting among saints. Let there be no filthiness or silly talk which is not fitting. Those that do this will not inherit the kingdom of God." Ephesians 5:3-5 He says that we should not even associate with those who do these things. In verse 12 it says that it is even shameful to speak of these sinful things that they do in secret. "We are to look carefully how we walk for we are to be wise. We are not to be foolish or drink wine, but understand the will of God and be filled with the Spirit." Ephesians 5:15 We are to be pleasing to God even in our sexual activities.

Defilement of the marriage bed is common today. Either before marriage or even after marriage! Marriage use to hold mysteries and surprises but today it is mostly full of comparable’s and being unfulfilled; constantly seeking a fulfillment that could have been if you had only waited for that special one. By Jane Ann Crenshaw 2/6/08

No comments: